276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Binding Room: from the best-selling author of The Jigsaw Man comes a brand new gripping and heart pounding crime thriller in the DI Anjelica Henley series! (An Inspector Henley Thriller, Book 2)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The tension between herself and DSU Stephen Pellacia is palpable and conversely the growing trust and bond with DC Ramouter is excellent.

The Binding Room: (An Inspector Henley Thriller - WHSmith

Henley and her team are back investigating this new murder case, and Henley is battling her own personal issues.Het slachtoffer is nog nauwelijks in leven en zijn lichaam vertoont tekenen van een zware marteling. Normally unseen, there is a crack on the door to Isaac's room referencing the events of the game's introduction cutscene where Isaac peeks through and sees his mom approaching with a knife.

The Binding Room: Original – HarperCollins The Binding Room: Original – HarperCollins

Both fans of The Jigsaw Man and readers coming to Matheson's work for the first time will get swept away in this heart-pounding thriller. I'm not one to get squeamish while reading these types of books, but I definitely felt like the author did a fine job of including just the right amount of gore to hook the reader into feeling both sorrow for the victims and anger toward the monsters responsible.

It’s the kind of story that has me on the edge of my seat, biting my nails, holding down my gorge and making sure all the lights are on. Henley and Ramouter's enquiries quickly turn up shady aspects to Pastor Annan's past, which when combined with the conspicuous trappings of wealth surrounding both the late Pastor and his glamorous wife, indicate that the Church of Annan the Prophet may be little more than a cynical money-making venture. De zoektocht naar de dader vond ik interessant en ook de omschrijvingen van de verschillende moorden waren boeiend. Instead of sharing recollections or stories, as they do in our reality, the memories bound into beautifully crafted leather books in this world are removed from clients by binders. Seradith, essentially, amputates memories, as a physician would take an unhealable limb, a benign act, and saves the bound memory in a beautifully crafted book, kept safe in a vault.

The Binding Room: from the bestselling author of The Jigsaw The Binding Room: from the bestselling author of The Jigsaw

I highly recommend reading the Anjelica Henley series and I’m hoping that Netflix or somebody picks these books up, because I think it would be excellent to watch! This normally has a 1/7 (~14%) chance of happening each floor, but increases to 5/14 (~36%) if Isaac’s total health (filled red and soul hearts) is equal to or greater than his total Red Heart Containers (including Bone Hearts).The book starts with a punch with the first murder scene happening and beware it was pretty gruesome writing.

The Binding Room: A Novel by Nadine Matheson | Goodreads The Binding Room: A Novel by Nadine Matheson | Goodreads

In setting her story in late 19th century rural England she uses some history of the era to correspond with events in the created reality. What lifts The Binding above the crowd of memory-loss novels is its consideration of the societal implications of voluntary forgetting. So as much as the reader is creeped out and chilled to the bone, it’s impossible to turn one’s eyes away. In a room behind a cupboard in the Church building they find a body of young man bound up and apparently tortured to death. When the decomposing body of a troubled local woman is discovered in her flat, all the signs point to another exorcism verging on torture.And how, by all that is or isn’t holy in that supposed house of worship, did it get into that room and why is it there in the first place? But ultimately all it did was introduce more terrible characters into a book that wasn't filled with many good ones to begin with.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment