276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Breath as Prayer: Calm Your Anxiety, Focus Your Mind, and Renew Your Soul

£5.495£10.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Thankfully they were able to get me the medicine I needed from another country and have it flown in to help me.

During that time I remembered a breath prayer I’d written previously based on some words from the apostle Paul. I got deep into all kinds of different things and I stumbled upon a couple of posts that mentioned breath prayers pretty briefly but described what they were, gave a couple of little breath prayers and I thought that is so great because, for so much at the time, we separate faith from science or faith from health and stuff like that. It can be a verse from the Bible or a line of praise and petition (one common formula is a name for God followed by your desire, such as “Spirit, peace”). Don’t worry so much about getting the words right—let it come out of a place of quietness and trust in God. In my work as a spiritual director, I have seen the practice transform responses to both daily distress and complex trauma, as well as deepen devotion to God.But that time is worth it, because it brings us to the time of the present/presence and the time beyond time known as kairos where heaven is near and Sacred Encounter is around every corner. As I paid attention to my breathing and learned new ways to breathe, I discovered how my breath could support my movements, allowing more flexibility, strength, and endurance.

Breath prayers give you the words to pray when you don’t have those words to pray or when you’re feeling anxious in particular. What a wonderful gift God has given to us that we are able to combine our prayers and our breathing into these practical, life-giving breath prayers! We’re trying to fill it with his truth and words that he gave us from his word, truths that we can cling to and count on. I had to figure out how I defeat this anxiety so that I can live the full life that God promised in scripture. Carrie: And I love that you and other people we’ve talked to are trying to de-stigmatize going to therapy and taking medication as a Christian like it’s okay.We often feel very isolated and alone, and we don’t know how to talk about it in relation to our faith.

If you find yourself overwhelmed or stressed, take long, slow breaths through your nose, especially between points. Simply, the same science that helps athletes transform their stress also stands behind the ancient spiritual practice of Breath Prayer. At BioLogos, “gracious dialogue” means demonstrating the grace of Christ as we dialogue together about the tough issues of science and faith. On those days when even getting out of bed seems hard and you feel like your energy is totally tapped out, take a breath and say, “Spirit, renew and refresh me to follow your will. Two Hands: Grief and Gratitude in the Christian Life is available in paperback, audiobook, and for kindle.If you’re familiar with the “square breathing” or “box breathing” techniques, feel free to use those as a breathing pattern. That night, I was just such a hard night because we were facing a new battle, and it was going to be, I didn’t know, would happen because she was very, very sick. And so, when I learned about them, I scribbled down a few of them and even wrote a blog post about them. I don’t think at the time, especially as a teenager or young adult, I really didn’t know that’s what I was doing with my anxiety.

Breath prayers are also often short so that you don’t have to read them or think of them on the fly, which could disrupt the meditative aspect. Breath prayers have personally been so very helpful to me as a way to manage my anxiety while also strengthening my faith. And so that had helped me to give me words to pray when I was like, I don’t know, I don’t even know what to say. Even the words for “spirit” in Hebrew ( ruach) and Greek ( pneuma)—the two languages in which the Bible was originally written—can also mean “breath.

Breath as Prayer will lead you through the practice and the proven health benefits of Christian breath intentional prayers centered around Scripture that focus our minds on Christ as we calm our bodies through breathing. Breath as Prayer will lead you through the practice and the proven health benefits of Christian breath prayer: intentional prayers centered around Scripture that focus our minds on Christ as we calm our bodies through breathing. I remember thinking how silly my dance teacher was to say in the middle of our expressive movements, “Don’t forget to breathe. I had bruises all over my little body because of the blood count and the medicine was incredibly expensive but God got me through it.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment