276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Coty L'Aimant Creamy Skin Parfum - 15 ml

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

One thing I can say for sure is that I don't find it suits younger people, but more adults, age 50+. Ends on a blended floral, sandalwoody finish; cola-like, a sprinkle of vanilla bean, and slightly earthy.

Can anyone comment on the differences in scent and/or strength between the Creamy Skin Perfume, the Parfum de Toilette and the Cologne Spray? This is instead a more fruity floral with a sweet freshness that totally goes with youthful skin and younger fresh faces. There was a hint of peach, and an amalgamation of soft, delicate florals but the only distinct floral note was the rose, to my nose. The longevity was pretty good for an EDC -- about 4 hours -- but the sillage was very poor; I had to literally sniff at my wrists to get any scent after the first few minutes.Yes, the other day over dinner at their house, Tony whipped out a pink cloth bag containing a purse spray, plus two other tiny miniature perfumes, and announced: "Here you go - there are more where they came from, and I'll fetch the rest when I am up at the house next. Creams and oils alike remain an excellent way to scent the body, and can be both elegant AND potent. It should be presented in lovely bottle and relaunch together with other timeless creations of monsieur Coty, as L'Origan, La Rose Jaqueminot and Emeraude. Although I'm not generally a fan of classic Coty fragrances, this one really stands apart from the rest. But last Saturday I propelled myself through my inertia and bought a ticket for a matinee performance of a film I had been dying to see ( Good Vibrations), which was showing for two days only in the UK's oldest working cinema, the Electric.

It is very cheap but smells far more expensive and I think everyone should get a bottle just for the experience of one of the old classics that is still relevant today. I can't say it's one of my most favorite perfumes (I love sweet scents mostly), but I can see its pull. It reminds me of resting on satin pillows and sipping pink champagne just after having a hot bubble bath. Much as so many of us associate 'Old Spice' with our beloved fathers, hands up who associates Coty L'Aimant with a beloved mother figure?

The current version of L’Aimant is different from the vintage, a bit sharper, and the drydown not as nice, but still recognizable as L’Aimant. A good one to wear during the day but I've had someone make horrified choking noises at me when I came near them in it, so mabye not for everyone.

Bourjois Soir de Paris - cute (and by the looks of it rather old) mini, sadly inaccessible due to the neck being bunged up with sticky and impenetrable black gunk. If I can be honest with you- L aimant reminds me more Guerlain - in this scent I feel bergamot and tonka like Tonka Imepriale. Who would have thought that the day would come when I could contemplate the plummy civet and cumin-fest that is the legendary Femme with equanimity.Make suggestions as to what scents I should try out next at the thread 'what made for women fragrances can or should a man wear? I don't know L'Heure Bleu or Baghari, the other two fragrances it has been compared to, so for me Chanel No5 is the only reference. In fact this could best be described as a poor man's MDCI Promesse de l'Aube - poor only in a monetary sense, for Chantilly could easily pass for a niche fragrance.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment