276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Beacon Gem-Tac 118ml Medium Bottle, Clear Adhesive Gem Glue

£6.055£12.11Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It is a versatile glue for multiple surfaces but produces the best results with porous ones like fabric or paper. Velvet – The Ultimate came loose straight away followed by E6000, Fabri-Tac, Shoe Goo then Gemtac and the skin off my fingers from rubbing so hard. If I can find something that can also be handwashed too (or at least come in contact with water) that would be great! The cover would be made of plastic or metal (I still haven’t decided because I don’t want to purchase until I know I can successfully glue rhinestones to it) and the band was going to be either leather or metal (again I wanted to be sure I could be successful).

Crafters Pick – The Ultimate – Looks the same as Gemtac but slightly thicker in consistency, it also dries clear and is non toxic and may require the use of an orange stick/cocktail stick to release the crystals from a jewel setter tip. Of the two e6000 would probably be the easiest to work with as it’s thicker in consistency, while gemtac on the other hand can be runny on curvature and unless you leave the adhesive to thicken for a minute the crystals can slide. All three of the remaining adhesives gave a very strong bond and after trying to pick the crystals off one of the e6000 crystals came loose but the Gemtac and Shoo Goo all stayed on. I will be attaching all different types of gems but want a glue that will dry strong and clear and stretch with the swimsuit.The one down side of e6000 is that if a small amount comes away from the jar over time, if that adhesive is pulled it can pull away a big area of adhesive with the crystals attached.

On a test with some crystals applied using e6000 the way you would on a converse toe (quickly) and the holding down method, once the glue was dry the quick way crystals picked off easily where as the other method the crystals were difficult to pick away. I would like to put some rhinestones around the candles and would like to know which glue would be best so the stones doesn’t fall off.When it’s new it may require the use of an orange stick to release the crystal from a jewel setter/ sticky bud tip. For a hassle-free time, you’ll want to put it in a separate place and use a toothpick or small brush to apply it.

I am not sure if I am being ‘over’ cautious, but as I said I do use a mask and sit in a well ventilated area. For sequins I would opt for gemtac or e6000 adhesive where gematc is the easier to use and non toxic, but e6000 is a little stronger being an industrial strength glue that doesn’t deteriorate when machine washing. The third option for removing adhesive is dry cleaning, where the chemicals used in dry cleaning will often degrade glue unless it’s dry clean safe in which case the adhesive wont be harmed. Gem-Tac makes it easy to embellish clothes, jeans, jackets, dancewear, ballroom gowns, costumes, purses, cell phones, glasses, pillboxes, shoes and so much more!

Leather Belt –All of the adhesives provided a good bond Fabri-Tac, The Ultimate and Gem-Tac were the easiest to pick off. Love your blog, I am trying to find the best glue and crystals to crystallise my pleaser shoes for a competition.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment