276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Alpro Barista Foamable Coconut Plant-Based Drink, 1L

£8£16.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Alpro Barista Coconut is virtually a blend of soy and coconut. With a base containing 2.9% soybeans, it’s blended with 3.5% coconut milk. There’s added sugar, fructose, sea salt, flavourings, acidity regulators, calcium and stabilisers. For us, the acidity isn’t as well controlled as it should be, and it dominates everything else. 2.5/5 Find out how Good Hemp’s Oat + Hemp blend fared in our review. Happy Happy Soy Boy

To ensure that you can get quality cold foam from almond milk, ask if it has higher fat content than regular almond milk or is of a barista version for coffee, which if it is, it is likely to have higher fat content than your run-of-the-mill shelf-stable almond milk. Frequently Asked Questions About Coconut Milk Cold Foam How Do You Froth Cold Coconut Milk? Yes, you can make froth with coconut milk. It is high in healthy fats which help to create good quality foam. You can make your froth in a number of different ways. Can You Foam Coconut Cream? It’s pretty creamy in texture but also neutral in flavour. For this reason, it lets the taste of the coffee shine through allowing you to enjoy any type of coffee without the milk alternative altering the taste of your brew. However, if you like what real milk brings to your coffee profile, soy under delivers a little in comparison. Rude Health is one of the two brands on this list with multiple barista milks on offer (the other being Alpro). The brand nominated its barista almond blend for this test.

Oat Milk...

For companies making multiple kinds of barista milks, I chose only one, recommended to me by the brand itself for this review. I used a small French press for the tests, as many households don’t have access to espresso machines or electric frothers. Here’s our ultimate showdown for the UK’s best barista milk. Frothing This is ever so slightly watery, but it doesn’t matter much. Because this is one of the only barista plant-based milks that don’t just complement the coffee, but actually make it shine. However, just like the previous taste test, the oat milk’s distinct characteristics quietly dominate the coffee. But this is very creamy in mouthfeel, more so than any of the other milks in this test. 4/5 Oaty Bruce It tastes good, but the sweetness of the oats overtakes any flavour lent by the almonds. It also takes focus away from the coffee, which is a shame. 2.5/5 Sproud Barista Alpro’s Barista for Professionals range has four milks: oat, almond, soy and coconut. I chose the latter for the test as it was recommended to me by the brand.

Upon frothing, there are tiny bubbles that don’t all go away after tapping. But the foam itself is very good. Unlike many soy milks, it doesn’t produce any dry foam. Crucially, when added to espresso, it doesn’t curdle or separate, which is another common mishap with soy milk in coffee. 4/5 Minor Figures Apart from some minute traces of bitterness, this is a fabulous pairing with cold brew. 4.5/5 Rude Health Barista AlmondYou can also use your French press and fill it about 1/3 full of coconut milk and pump the plunger until you get high quality coconut milk foam. Like Oatly, Oaty Bruce’s flavour is what you’d expect from it. There’s a nice oat sweetness to it, but owing to the ingredients, it tastes like a watered-down latte.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment