276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Glenlivet 18 Year Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky, 70 cl with Gift Box

£18.495£36.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

George Smith was the first licensed distiller in the parish of The Glenlivet. Tenacious in the face of adversity, he bravely set the tone for future whisky makers. Nothing in the Terms shall exclude or limit our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or for death or personal injury resulting from gross negligence or willful misconduct by us. The bourbon and sherry casks are selected and then combined into small, carefully curated batches of 150 ‘marriage’ casks. These vessels let the two matured spirits mingle together to complete the maturation process.

Glenlivet 18-year-old - Ratings and reviews - Whiskybase

On the palate, Glenlivet 18 year old whisky’s flavour profile becomes even more nuanced and layered. Notes of tannic oak provide a pleasantly earthy base for notes of honeyed sweetness from Manuka honey and Cox’s apples. Walnuts add a subtle nutty layer while zesty orange peel brings a refreshing citrusy finish. Glenlivet 18 year old whisky is sweet but balanced with a dry, spicy oak finish that lingers on the tongue. Palate: Rich and full of notes of tannic oak and chewy. A combination of Manuka honey, walnuts, Cox’s apples, and orange peels. So there is nothing to talk away about here. This bottle is one of the absolute PLV frontrunners. The whisky is an absolute buy recommendation for the most popular prices. END of the announcement! Saw a picture on FB from Glenlivet about their 18 Year Single. They asked for flavors so I figured it was time to do another review.Unlike at other distilleries, we don’t use peat during the drying process, so the barley’s natural flavours and aromas are retained. MILLING In 1824, a local farmer called George Smith founded one of the first legally licenced Speyside distilleries in the remote area of Glenlivet. There he began producing very high-standard Scotch whisky which far exceeded that of the remaining illicit distillers.

Glenlivet | A comparison of two legendary Glenmorangie vs Glenlivet | A comparison of two legendary

I almost liked the 12 better. It is "entry level" and maybe expectations are lower. Not having any 12 I once used this to introduce a niece to the world of single malts because of its anaemic ABV. But to an experienced palate I agree it's a little boring. The Glenlivet 18 offers a complex flavour, with subtle touches of sherry blended in and a silky finish. On the other hand, the Glenfiddich 18 presents itself as more robust – blending together delectable flavours that range from toffee and fruit to vanilla and oak. Up to him introducing me to a sample of Nadurra, all of my experiences with Glenlivet had been fairly unexceptional. And this continued satisfaction ensures that the single malt industry keeps growing and allows us snobs to keep enjoying the fruits of everyone else's labor.Personally, I have no preference when it comes to which "camp" I visit, (blends vs single malt) I like what I like. And "I like" a few different whiskys - (all scotch). Some I favour exhibit considerable peat and/or smoke (Lagavulin 16 comes to mind)- and yet others I fancy tend to yield a more fruity experience, (such as this Glenlivet 18). On the other hand, Glenlivet 12 has a wonderfully fragrant nose of apricot, pineapple, greengages and citrus blossom. This whisky is then aged for 12 years in European and American oak barrels which impart it with rich oaky flavours and its velvety texture. On the palate Glenlivet 12 delivers a complex blend of juicy fruit notes with hints of vanilla intertwined throughout. Its finish is an intriguing mix of toasty oak, malt, and sweet-tart red apple that tantalise the senses. Glenlivet 12 is also bottled at 80 proof / 40%ABV for a balanced yet powerful flavour profile. Old gold in colour, maybe even a touch of red gold about it. I used to love this expression for its plumy fruity flavours which were fairly unique, but in recent years it’s lost that profile and become more aromatic. Palate: Opens with the smooth creaminess and tartness of a mouth-watering limoncello, but without the sweetness. This develops to guava, smoothed over with faint caramel. Above the guava are other light flavors of nutmeg and wild strawberry. Since this is one of the most easy-to-find single malts in the world, I feel like I’m compelled to compare the price of this to other unpeated single malts of the same price range that can serve as better alternatives.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment