276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Punisher

£13.605£27.21Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

When I get back I’ll lay around/Then I’ll get up and lay back down,” goes a couplet in “ I Know the End,” the closing track of her stunning new album Punisher.

All in all, most certainly worthwhile as the album is amazing, and the downsides are only able to weight it down slightly.

By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. For Punisher, she has grasped a formidable crew of guests including Julien Baker, Lucy Dacus, Conor Oberst, Nick Zinner, Jenny Lee Lindberg, Harrison Whitford, Christian Lee Hutson and more. On the album’s epic, freewheeling closer, “I Know The End,” Bridgers orchestrates wails and horns, drums and electric guitar into a sumptuous doomsday swirl, culminating in her own final whispered roar. On Punisher, these relationships are mostly fraught, from a fan being murdered outside Dodger Stadium to a couple channeling deeper issues through a fight about John Lennon.

Backed by piano and occasional waves of digital vocal harmony, she contemplates the facts of Smith’s life: the house where he died, his kindness toward fans, the way his songs still bring people together.

Except the disc, a very beautiful booklet with lyrics - as well as illustrations - to go with all the songs is included.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment