276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Fallen (Amos Decker series, 4)

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Summer was over, but the thunderstorms often accompanying the segue into fall appeared to be bearing down on them. His books have been translated into more than 45 languages and have been adapted for both film and television. Electrical wiring had gotten mixed with liquid. He had investigated homicides involving arson, and the smell was unmistakable. There was a fire in there. Even though Amos is on vacation, he has to help solve the crimes and generally becomes a nuisance to the local PD which doesn’t want him too close to those murders. And the more he investigates, the stranger things he comes across. That small town has some serious secrets, and there are those people who would do everything to keep them from being revealed, even if it includes murder. She sighed. “A lot. None of them are as cool as Aunt Alex.” She brightened. “She came to visit because my birthday is almost here. I’m turning nine.”

The Fallen by David Baldacci | Hachette Book Group The Fallen by David Baldacci | Hachette Book Group

He focused on the man’s mouth. There was a bit of foaming there. That could be an indication of at least a couple of ways he could have died. He glanced at Zoe to find her innocent gaze still uncomfortably on him. He looked away as another guttural growl of thunder was heard. Soon after they arrive, one night Amos is out on the terrace when he sees and hears something strange. Now, this is why reading the previous books is so important because you’ll learn about his particular sharp senses and will understand what is going on much easier.It was inside the other house, behind one of the windows. He didn’t know if it was a light from inside simply reflecting off the glass, or whether the cause might be something more complicated, and potentially dangerous. I read a lot and I always know that David Baldacci is an author I enjoy. I have enjoyed reading the 6:20 Man and am surprised it’s on a stand-alone list. I thought for sure Travis had more adventures ahead. But then again there are many characters that could be moving along from the other series and they all take time. Baldacci is a graduate of Virginia Commonwealth University and the University of Virginia School of Law. You won’t let any of the bad people hurt Aunt Alex, will you?” asked Zoe, her features and tone suddenly turning anxious.

The Fallen by David Baldacci | David Baldacci

After all that Amos has been through, he badly needed a break. So he let himself get convinced that a vacation is exactly what he should take. Thus his trip to the tiny and rather decrepit town of Baronville, where Alex, his journalist friend, has some family. Giving voice to what he’d been thinking, Jamison whispered, “Do you think there’s anyone else in the house?” In addition to writing fiction, Baldacci is also a philanthropist and has donated millions of dollars to various charities and causes, including literacy programs and childhood hunger initiatives. Suffice to say, once a cop, always a cop, and Amos, who is now working in a special task force for the FBI, can’t leave the strange things he saw around a neighbor’s home alone. So he goes to investigate. And what he finds there will bring his holiday crashing down around him with force. Thank you for countless hours of enjoyable, top-class reading. (UK TV has really gone to pot, sport excepted)There was assisted suicide: A terminally ill person is suffering and wants to end it, and you help the person do so. The practice was legal in some places and unlawful in others. Again, someone was dead. Unlike the accidental death, the death was intentional, but it was not the same as murder, because it had been the choice of the deceased to end his life. With his football career irreversibly over, he had gone on to become a cop and then a homicide detective in his hometown of Burlington, Ohio. He had been married to a wonderful woman named Cassandra, or Cassie as he always called her, and they had had a beautiful child named Molly.

The Fallen (Amos Decker series Book 4) eBook : Baldacci

And now that I’ve read the latest book of this series and all the previous series as well, I can’t wait until I read the next David Baldacci book that comes out towards the end of this year: Long Road to Mercy, which is the first in a new thriller series featuring Atlee Pine, an FBI with his own demons to deal with. Along with his brain change, his personality had changed as well. The gregarious fun-loving prankster had forever vanished and in its place - Hachette Book Group is a leading book publisher based in New York and a division of Hachette Livre, the third-largest publisher in the world. Social Media First-degree murder almost always required the specific elements of willfulness, premeditation, and malice aforethought. You wanted someone dead for your benefit and you laid out a plan in advance to make sure that death happened.His college life was the time in which he took part in various short stories and many screenplays which derived his interest in the writing stories field! Daily Mail A compelling puzzler . . . Baldacci is a truly gifted storyteller, and this novel is a perfect "fix" for the thriller aficionado

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment