276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Things We Left Behind: the heart-pounding new book from the bestselling author of Things We Never Got Over (Knockemout Series)

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

He’d rather live a life of solitude than put her in danger. But he learns the hard way that leaving her means leaving her unprotected from other threats. Broken men break women. It’s what Lucian believes, what he’s witnessed, and he’s not going to take that chance with Sloane. He’d rather live a life of solitude than put her in danger. But he learns the hard way that leaving her means leaving her unprotected from other threats. Knox growled theatrically from the living room and lunged on hands and knees. Two kids screamed and streaked down the hallway, three dogs yapping at their heels. Knox laughed, until he had to get to his feet. She dreams of being able to perform her writing from a sailboat, oceanfront condo, or exotic island, all while connected to the internet. Things We Left Behind Book Summary Lucian Rollins is a lean, mean vengeance-seeking mogul. On a quest to erase his father’s mark on the family name, he spends every waking minute pulling strings and building an indestructible empire.

I’ve been waiting for this book… ever since TWNGO came out, I became extra invested in whatever the h happened between Lucian and Sloane to create so much tension and animosity… Are you excited about Things We Left Behind by Lucy Score? Let us know your thoughts and cover predictions in the comments! I didn’t rate this book as high as the first books in the Things We Never Got Over series because certain aspects of the story just didn’t jive with me. So maybe it’s a “me, not you thing.” Sloane Walton is a fiery young woman who is committed to continuing her father’s fight for fairness. She plans to do so once she learns what the man she despises did to (or for) her loved ones. Sloane trusts Lucian about as far as she can throw his designer-suited physique because they share a dark secret from their history and hate for one other. Lucian’s staying in town to help support Karen, Sloane’s mom. He’s always looked at her as a second mom and knows she’s grieving the love of her life 🫶. That also means that he’ll be hanging out with his happily-coupled friends (Knox/Naomi and Nash/Lina) and his enemy- Sloane 😑).I laughed. I cried. I giggled. I swooned. I sideeyed. I facepalmed. I frowned. I rolled my eyes. I smiled. And I melted. You’re going to miss those orgasms when you meet Mr. Right. There are some things only Mr. Wrong can deliver.” We’d kept my place in the city, but it had taken buying a monstrous place in the Outer Banks to get Sloane to truly slow down. Every year, we wrangled the entire extended brood into a two-week beach vacation. The kind I’d always dreamed of as a kid. With bonfires and fireworks and lazy days spent getting too much sun.

He offers his help and tries to pretend to be Jimmy and get custody of her, even saying that he's an exterminator. But being a bad liar keeps him from being able to convince Sandy, the Group Home's Officer, to give him custody of her. I love long books when the writing and story are stellar but by 50% when Sloane and Lucian were still trading barbs I felt like it was long past time to move things along. It was clear from the moment we saw an interaction between Sloane and Lucian that there was something there. A title like Things We Left Behind implies much more than just something.I think the aspect that really kept me from rating it higher is the ultimate reason for Sloane and Lucian to be at odds with one another for OVER TWENTY YEARS. I mean, these are smart individuals with self-awareness, and yes, the incident that happened was very important but they couldn’t have a conversation about it or work it through in twenty years? Claire is about to rob a convenience store when Castiel stops her and brings her outside to Sam and Dean. She tells them she remembers who they are, and tells Castiel that he can go to hell because he caused her father's death. She points a gun at him, but he tells her it won't hurt him, so she points it at Sam and Dean. Then says she doesn't believe Castiel is sorry for what happened, but just feels guilty, and runs away from them again. Things We Left Behind” by Lucy Score is a captivating enemies-to-lovers romance novel that takes readers on a rollercoaster ride of passion, secrets, and redemption. With well-developed characters and an engaging plot, this book will keep you hooked from beginning to end. About the author Bonded by an old, dark secret from the past and the dislike they now share for each other, Sloane trusts Lucian about as far as she can throw his designer-suited body. Yes, Things We Left Behind from Lucy Score was published on September 5 2023. Is Things We Left Behind spicy?

Lucian Rollins. Luce or Lucy to his friends, of whom he had few. Lucifer to me and the rest of his legion of enemies.” The story follows Sloane, a woman whose father recently passed away. His death has reminded Sloane that she is approaching forty without fulfilling her dreams of a family, and there aren't any prospects on the horizon. Though there are plenty of nice guys in town, the only one who makes her blood heat is Lucian, the bane of Sloane's existence. Now that their friends are coupled up, they've been spending more time together - and it's a constant reminder of the things that tore them apart. Sloane and Lucian have been guarding the secrets of their past for the last two decades, and now that's finally catching up with them. They can't stand to be in the same room together, but they can't seem to stay away from each other either, no matter how much they'd like to. Unfortunately, the death of Sloane's father has brought a few things to light... and Sloane will never be able to look at Lucian the same way again.If you’re interested in enemies to lovers stories or small-town romance, then see if I think this is a book worth reading! Determined not to be hurt by Lucian again, Sloane resolves to move forward without him. As the story unfolds, both characters are faced with personal challenges that force them to confront their deepest fears and make life-altering choices. Will Lucian find the strength to overcome his past and embrace a future with Sloane? Can Sloane trust her heart to a man who has repeatedly pushed her away? Claire references her first meeting with Castiel in The Rapture where, having just taken possession of Jimmy Novak, Castiel told her "I am not your father." Claire also knows about Castiel due having been possessed by him also.

Maeve just texted. Chloe and her girlfriend just arrived so they’ll be here in a few minutes,” Sloane reported. When their argument escalates into foreplay, they realise they’re not entirely sorry they had that sensual one-night encounter. It seems hopeless to put out those fires after they have been stoked. These former foes-turned-lovers are at an impasse because Sloane wants to be married and have babies, while Lucian is completely against the idea.Maybe I was building up their relationship and feelings for one another in the past as more than they actually were but I can’t believe they let things fester for so long. At the Men of Letters bunker, Dean is watching The Three Stooges on a laptop laughing very hard, obviously faking it. Sam comes and joins in, giving Dean a grilled cheese sandwich, with Dean enjoying it a little too much. Sam looks over at the Mark of Cain and it looks like it's only gotten worse, but Dean continues to enjoy the video despite this. Similar to how he's dealt with pain before, he tries very hard to hide it from his little brother. I couldn’t wait for this third book to be released and it was more perfect than I could have predicted.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment