276°
Posted 20 hours ago

And Away...

£10£20.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

No one was more surprised than Bob Mortimer at the unexpected success of Gone Fishing, his BBC two-hander with Paul Whitehouse, now on its fourth series, in which the old friends sit on a riverbank ruminating on life and generally arsing about while attempting to land a fish.

I understand I can change my preference through my account settings or unsubscribe directly from any marketing communications at any time.I'm quite the Bob Mortimer fan so I'm happy to say I've been left quite intrigued by the first two chapters. I never particular felt anything for Satsuma: I thought most of her problems were of her own making and no sympathy was directed her way, and thought she was pretty flat except when we were delving in to her schooldays. In October 2015, Mortimer underwent triple bypass surgery, which led to the cancellation of the first leg of the Reeves and Mortimer 25 years tour. This above insight covers only two years of an influential comedy career that is still ongoing - will I ever laugh any harder at live comedy than the time that the seemingly natural response to smashing each other with increasing size foam frying pans was of course to bring on a giant cheese grater, with the necessary vicious up and down action and overdubbed sound effect?

The episode remained true to the classic Big Night Out formula and was composed of various comedy songs, skits, characters and sketches. There is something for everyone here - missing people, murder, a love story and so many funny lines and plot twists. I did make a good connection with a girl, but that blew up in my face and smacked my arse with a fish slice. Much loved comedian, actor and tv presenter Bob Mortimer, has now turned his talents to writing a mystery novel.I really enjoyed the section of the book that explained how he got into comedy and his long, successful partnership with Vic Reeves. Main character Sally, a woman who gleefully rediscovers her can-do attitude when all the unnecessary peripherals start to fall away.

Writing style This is a book about a woman who essentially devolves (or evolves, as it would like us all to think) into an animal, which makes it a slightly less high-minded version of Paula Cocozza’s novel How to Be Human.

After leaving university with an LLM in Welfare Law, he moved to London and became a solicitor for Southwark Council.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment