276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Intel Core i5-13600K Desktop Processor 14 cores (6 P-cores + 8 E-cores) 24M Cache, up to 5.1 GHz

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

See http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/hyper-threading/hyper-threading-technology.html?wapkw=hyper+threading for more information including details on which processors support Intel® HT Technology. The Core i5-14600K brings some performance improvements, no matter how minor they are. That comes at the cost of power draw, though. Across the suite of games I tested, the Core i5-14600K drew about 15% more power on average. This is just looking at gaming. In more CPU-intensive tasks, the actual wattages will be much higher. Jacob Roach / Digital Trends

And while the rated 125W TDP for the i5-13600K remains the same as with the 12600K, it pulls substantially more power under load than its predecessor in my tests, so plan your build accordingly.

Where to buy Intel i5-14600K UK

If you’ve wanted the best value for money then knowing where to buy Intel Core i5-13600K is definitely good to know. The chipset manufacturer’s latest mainstream processor launches on October 20. All in all, the Core i5-14600K did exactly as we expected in testing, matching the Core i5-13600K in almost every way. However, the difference is so slim as to leave us questioning why we would recommend it over the previous generation. We can’t really see any advantage to owning the Core i5-14600K over the Core i5-13600K, and we actually can see some disadvantages to it.

I spent about two weeks testing the Intel Core i5-14600K and its competition, primarily for productivity work, gaming, and content creation. Intel diddo somethingwith the Core i5-14600K, as I’ll get to in my benchmarks below. However, the improvements over the Core i5-13600K are minor, at best. I would have liked to see some extra cache to compete with AMD’s 3D V-Cache processors, as the modern 3D V-Cache chips still clearly take a lead in gaming performance. Performance Jacob Roach / Digital Trends It’s also notable that the Core i5-13600K has 24MB of L3 cache, 4MB more than the Core i5-12600K. That’s in addition to 20MB of L2 cache, which is slightly more than double the 9.5MB of L2 cache found on the Core i5-12600K.In the past, Intel has consistently introduced its CPUs in the month of October. For example, the Alder Lake 12th-gen launch took place on October 27th, 2021, and the more recent Raptor Lake arrived a year later on October 20th. Where to buy Intel i5-14600K US Gaming is where the Core i5-14600K makes the biggest strides. In the CPU score of 3DMark Time Spy, the Core i5-14600K showed a 10% increase over the Core i5-13600K. That’s a bit optimistic for overall gaming performance, however. Jacob Roach / Digital Trends I then ran the same tests on rival chips from AMD as well as the other 14th-gen chips in the Raptor Lake Refresh launch lineup and 13th-generation Raptor Lake processors. For Intel chips, I used the same motherboard, RAM, SSD, and graphics card to ensure I was isolating just the CPU's performance across every chip. For AMD chips, I used a comparable AM5 motherboard so differences in the motherboard configuration and circuitry are mitigated to the largest extent possible. Ultimately, this chip is best reserved for prebuilt systems like the best all-in-one computers at retailers like Best Buy, where you will use the computer for a reasonable amount of time, and then when it becomes obsolete, you'll go out and buy another computer rather than attempt to upgrade the one you've got.

Intel classifications are for general, educational and planning purposes only and consist of Export Control Classification Numbers (ECCN) and Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) numbers. Any use made of Intel classifications are without recourse to Intel and shall not be construed as a representation or warranty regarding the proper ECCN or HTS. Your company as an importer and/or exporter is responsible for determining the correct classification of your transaction. These wins, however, were slim, and the Core i5-14600K and the Core i5-13600K tied for first place against the faster and more expensive competition in all of the other tests. This suggests that so long as you have a graphics card on the level of the Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 or anything slower, you really have no need to buy any of these faster and more costly processors for gaming and gaming alone. They're mainly relevant from a pure-gaming perspective if you're trying to compete in the upper echelon of esports with a high-refresh monitor and a top-end video card like the GeForce RTX 4090. (Of course, you might want the extra CPU horsepower for other non-gaming tasks, which is a whole other matter.) The Core i5-14600K and the Core i5-13600K will do just fine. In the end, the Core i5-13600K outperforms the Ryzen 5 7600X by about 40%, while improving on the Core i5-12600K's performance by about 25%. As far as bottom line results go, this would make this processor a slam dunk, but one thing keeps this chip from true greatness: its power consumption. That means if you go out and buy a motherboard and CPU cooler just for the 14th-gen, it's a one time thing, since another generation on this platform isn't coming. It doesn't make sense to do that, so, if you're upgrading from anything earlier than the 12th-gen, it just makes so much more sense to wait for Meteor Lake to land in several months time and possibly get something really innovative. Intel's relative price increase with the Core i5-13600K is unwelcome. But we’ve run our tests and cannot deny that the Core i5-13600K still offers exceptional performance for what you pay. Sure, it isn't as fast as the Core i9-13900K or the AMD Ryzen 9 7950X in CPU tests (those flagships have a big core-count advantage), but in games with an Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080—or anything weaker. really—it is more than a match for these two higher-end CPUs.The standout feature of the Intel Core i5-13600K is its 14 cores, making it one of the most powerful processors in its class. The 6 primary cores (P-cores) are designed for single-threaded tasks and applications, ensuring lightning-fast responsiveness and smooth user experience. Additionally, the 8 efficient cores (E-cores) cater to multithreaded workloads, providing exceptional multitasking capabilities and maximizing productivity. In terms of core counts, the i5-13600K doubles the efficiency cores over the i5-12600K, for a total of 14 cores and 20 threads to the i5-12600K's 10 cores and 16 thread. This is also substantially more than the Ryzen 5 7600X, which is a straight six-core/12-thread chip with all its cores being full-power performance cores. Is this a dealbreaker? Not yet, but if Intel thinks it can keep the top spot by just keeping its foot on the gas while AMD is making real investments in power efficiency within a single generation of processors, this won't be good for Intel in the long run.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment