276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Soulmate Equation: the perfect new romcom from the bestselling author of The Unhoneymooners

£6.995£13.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It’s not just the one bad date, Jess said. "It’s the exhausting and alien process of trying to be appealing to men. I’m a freelance statitician and consider my sexiest outfit to be my old Buffy shirt and a pair of cutoffs. My favorite pajamas are one of Pops’s old undershirts and some maternity yoga pants." There are so many lovable side characters in here, including Jess's outspoken romance-writer best friend Fizzy, her adorable and smart kid Juno, and her grandparents who have been helping and supporting her for as long as she can remember. The whole cast added so much humor and heart to this story.

Juno went quiet behind her, and understanding dropped like a weight in Jess’s chest. She turned to find her kid wearing the enormous-eyed expression of preemptive begging. Juno, baby, no. At the end of the novel, River hands Jess an envelope with their DNADuo test data, but she decides not to look. Would you look in the envelope? Sin embargo, l a segunda parte se vuelve un tanto predecible, y esto no es culpa de la novela en sí porque he llegado a la conclusión que esto (ser predecible) es una maldición del género romance y esto es porque es un género que ti ende a seguir una misma estructura narrativa o formula. Lo que quiero decir con esto es que casi todas las novelas de romance siguen un estructura similar a esto: That’s the one, Daniel said, nodding. You could be right that he needs to get laid, but I’m guessing he does just fine for himself. Fizzy let that sink in for a beat, dark eyes fixed in disbelief. So, you’re… done? Jessica, you went on three dates with three hot, if dull, men.The premise of this story is what initially caught my eye. It's absolutely fascinating to contemplate the possibility that compatibility could be genetically encoded into our DNA, and we only need to suss out the relevant data and create an app to harness it. As someone who enjoys all things data-related, this is right up my alley. Not to mention, I'm quite a sappy romantic and love the idea of soulmates. Sometimes I wonder if you’re answering my questions, Jess grumbled, or continuing an ongoing conversation in your head. Up front, Americano paid for his drink and then stepped to the side, absorbed in typing something on his phone. What is his deal? Jess asked quietly.

The Soulmate Equation is refreshing in that the characters don’t waste time agonizing over whether they have chemistry. In fact, that’s the whole premise: Jess Davis, a single mom, and River Peña, a handsome scientist, have matched on his dating app, which analyzes DNA to determine compatibility. Unlike similar books in the genre, the plot focuses not on whether they will realize their attraction but rather on if two people who are clearly a match will put in the effort required to make a relationship flourish. In that way, it’s much more relatable and realistic than many rom-coms...” —USA Today In Chapter 3, Lisa asks, “Have you ever wondered what a soulmate truly is? Is love a quality you can quantify?” In the same section, she explains the GeneticAlly method of testing for factors of attraction and long-term emotional compatibility. Do you believe love is scientifically quantifiable? Are there any other factors at play? Jess is a numbers genius, but when it comes to love she's had to accept there is no magic formula. Juggling a career with raising her daughter, it's not surprising that her love life is. . . non-existent. When yet another date ends in disaster, she's prepared to give up on love for good. With a lively style, narrator Patti Murin entertains the listener. She differentiates between the characters and captures their personalities through her use of tone, rather than giving each a distinguishable timbre. Listeners will be amused by Murin's portrayals of several secondary characters, notably Jess's young daughter and the romance author who is Jess's best friend. A lighthearted production with a narration that is sure to charm." PDF / EPUB File Name: The_Soulmate_Equation_-_Christina_Lauren.pdf, The_Soulmate_Equation_-_Christina_Lauren.epubThe idea of different people expressing themselves through distinct expressions of love has become a popular topic when discussing modern relationships. Based on their behavior toward each other, what would you say are Jess’s and River’s languages of love? Do they express love differently with family members than with each other? With a wan smile, he dropped a business card on the table; it made an audible thunk. No eugenics, he added quietly, I promise. You know,” Daniel said to her now, balling the washrag in his hands, smug with insider knowledge, “Americano is a romantic, too.”

Because I immortalized you as the villain in Crimson Lace, and you became a fan favorite, so I can’t kill you off."Still. Fizzy rubbed a thoughtful finger beneath her lip. Single parents make it work all the time, Jess. Look at the Brady Bunch. So… Her brows climbed her forehead. Americano was apparently very comfortable with pointed silence. Is that a ‘no’ to matchmaking? When GeneticAlly proposes to pay her to get to know River, she can’t turn it down and may just find her soulmate after all. The Soulmate Equation: My Review A] charming and thoughtful romantic comedy, populated not only by an appealing protagonist but also by several memorable supporting characters... [Readers] will be rooting for these two statistical soulmates to make it —- no matter how long the odds. Bookreporter

Fizzy let that sink in for a beat, dark eyes fixed in disbelief. “So, you’re … done? Jessica, you went on three dates with three hot, if dull, men.” It hit her in a sharp, startling truth: her whole life she had been put together wrong in one tiny, invisible, and critical way. And having that piece altered just enough for it to slide into place suddenly changed everything.”Jess, too, inspected him top to bottom. “More like a socially constipated medieval art professor.” She tried to remember when he’d started coming in here. Maybe two years ago? Almost every day, same time every morning, same drink, same sullen silence. This was a quirky neighborhood, and Twiggs was its heart. People came in to linger, to sip, to chat; Americano stood out not for being different or eccentric but for being almost entirely silent in a space full of boisterous, lovable weirdos. “Nice clothes, but inside them he’s all grouchy,” Jess mumbled. Although not a lot of time elapsed in the story, I felt like River and Jess’ romance had this sweet slow burn quality to it which kept me on the edge of my seat. Single mom Jess Davis is a data and statistics wizard, but she’s hasn’t been a whiz in the dating department. Raised by her grandparents—she’s been left behind too often to feel comfortable letting anyone in. Felicity offered a dainty hand as if for him to kiss and, after a beat of confused hesitation, Americano gripped her fingertips for a brief handshake. Thank you for joining project epicpdf.com one more step for saving everlasting masterpieces of great minds of all nations and times.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment