276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Winners: From the New York Times bestselling author of TikTok phenomenon Anxious People

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Sadly, not everyone survives in this novel of high-stakes competition, and others fall in less deadly, yet still consequential, ways. The game is no less significant in this sequel, and those who remain at the end must solider on as they’ve always done. I still enjoyed the characters from, “Beartown”, that returned: Maya, Ana, Benji and others from the first book…��� Mumble - A talented goalie who feels guilt over doing nothing to help Ruth. Former friend of Rodri. There are so many powerful and emotional moments in the book. What part of the book moved you the most?

Having loved the previous two Beartown books, I wondered if there was any more to add to the character's stories or to the toxic rivalry between Beartown and Hed, cumulating in acts of violence. I found this to be the most enthralling, moving book in the series and an emotional rollercoaster. I fell in love with these characters in book one Beartown and continued to follow their journeys through book two, Us Against You Now as the final chapter of the trilogy plays out, I’m left emotionally spent.Maya Andersson and Benji Ovich, two young people who left in search of a life far from the forest town, come home and joyfully reunite with their closest childhood friends. They can see how much Beartown has changed. There is a sense of optimism and purpose in the town, embodied in the impressive new ice rink that has been built down by the lake. Ruth - The older sister of Matteo who was raped by Rodri. She leaves town though dies from drug overdose. Her death is not remembered by the town; only to her family and Mumble. There is so much to take away from this series. And every reader will find an aspect of this book that relates to them. For me it was the strength and determination of the families. How no matter what was happening in the community around them their loyalty to the family core held strong. I read because books are a form of transportation, of teaching, and of connection! Books take us to places we’ve never been, they teach us about our world, and they help us to understand human experience.”

But my love for the characters kept me reading. They are the best part of this series. I think I love them a little too much! The Winners is book 3 of the Beartown Trilogy, and what a fitting end it is. The Beartown Trilogy takes its rightful and permanent place on my all-time Top 10 best-books-ever-read list. Millions of thanks to Ariele Fredman, NetGalley and Atria Books for sharing this AMAZING digital reviewer copy with me in exchange my honest thoughts. These new circumstances ignite a spark that burns slowly throughout the novel and builds to an utterly explosive climax, while also weaving in intimate character portraits of the strengths and weaknesses of the townspeople. I kept reading because this book is not only about loss and grief; it's about the power of darkness, how it takes control of ordinary people, how grudges and anger can force people to do things beyond their control. It's about how good people can be capable of great evil, and how evil people can be capable of great good.Though I read this book as soon as I got my hands on a copy, putting my thoughts down “on paper” has taken quite some time.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment