276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Wow Wee What's That Smell Board Game, for 13 years to 99 years

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I’m reaching for the tissue, now. This is so touching. I am constantly amazed at how people use games and craft ideas from my little corner of the internet. It really validates what I’m doing. I hope the game does exactly what you are thinking it will. It does makes sense that smells could trigger memories. What a wonderful moment that will be, if it works. Just thought I would help you out on the hot chocolate idea. The liquid would be very difficult but you could just use the hot coco powder that way you stiil get the smell without the liquid mess. So much fun! Here’s What You’ll Need for Guess that Smell Christmas Game for the Whole Family to Play! thank you so much for this great idea – I will try a version of this when I visit seniors with dementia in our area – this could be a great way to trigger reminiscence – smells can be such a powerful memory trigger! (note: some lose certain smells with chemo and dementia but most don’t and many who do don’t lose all their sense of smell) I gave them a point if they told me what the scent reminded them of from Christmas (as long as they weren’t way off)

Can’t wait to do this with my high school classroom! Making and gifting Russian Tea is a family tradition here, so I’ll include that in one of the jars, too. Fun!!This is such an awesome idea. I used it with my Girl Guide group. I put the items in disposable coffee cups with lids. It worked really well and the girls had a blast. When it comes to getting the whole family involved in an entertaining activity, you can't beat board games. Get your hands on all-time classics such as Jenga, Monopoly and Cluedo and get the ball rolling on some fun family time. We even have junior versions of these games and an array of brain games to get your kids thinking and help sharpen their minds. Family board games There is an app associated with the game available from the App Store or Google Play but you don't need it to play. As long as you have a nose, you’re pretty much good to go.

Tape paper around the jars to conceal the contents. Just to be sure, you can give the players eye masks or bandannas to cover their eyes I even threw in a bonus one that made everyone gag! Who knew Nutmeg was such a strong scent? Oopsies! Not one person guessed nutmeg. Since eggnog is A) liquid and B) not in stores – I opted for nutmeg as a substitute. If you want a good laugh, you should use nutmeg too! We played the game using the app (you can just play with a timer or stopwatch). We opened the app and selected Party Mode followed by the number of smells we wanted to play with (2 to 6, this would be the number of players) and then the number of seconds per round (30s, 45s or 60s). Once everybody was ready, we hit the Let’s Play! button. The players then use a Whiff Strip to run over the smell zone on their Mystery Whiff Card (just once or twice, there is no need to furiously rub it as it will damage the card). Each player then sniffs the card and has to write down what they think the smell is, what smell category they think it is from and a smell association (your funniest memory associated with that smell). I love the spiced gum drops, so I’m adding these. Also, thinking about soaking cotton ball with egg nog. Maybe some sage or poultry seasoning for a turkey? Wish I could figure out the new baby doll smell 😉 I’m so excited. Thank you for letting me know about your plans for your high school class. What a fun teacher. They will have a blast.You can decide on how you want to award points and how strict you’ll be about the guesses. I’m a complete push over and say “Yes” to just about any variation of the smell. Here’s what I did… This game is really easy to play, providing your nose can take it! Each player takes a Mystery Whiff Card, Scorecard and a Whiff Strip. They open the first fold of the card, so that the smell zone is visible but not the answer and place it in their cardholder. If they didn’t know exactly what was in the jar, I gave them a point for telling me the Christmas scent it represents My kids have asked to play this over and over. This is a really simple game to pull together. It’s so much fun to watch everyone try and guess what the item inside the jar reminds them of. Yes! That would be a great substitute. The cocoa powder should be enough to remind them of hot chocolate. Thank you. 🙂

I'm a mom of 4, a wife, a former elementary school teacher, and volunteer field editor at Taste of Home Cooking Magazine. I believe in "Keeping it Simple, Because Who Has Time for Complicated?" Here, you'll find easy recipes, crafts, fun foods, and awesome game ideas for the whole family! I love the disposable coffee cup idea! Thank you for posting this, I didn’t, have jars to play this with our kids & grandkids on Christmas, but thanks to your suggestion we can with the reusable travel type plastic coffee cups with lids that I have. 🙂 I LOVE this!!! I am doing this for an adult only Christmas party. I’m going to do one “gag” bag with a cotton ball soaked in beer and toss in some form of tobacco for a “creepy Uncle from out of town” smell. 😂🤣😂🤣 I set up the jars at the table and only let one person at a time come into the room to guess *The reason for that was that I didn’t want the person guessing to persuade the next person in any way. I wanted original guesses.My jars are see-through for the photograph. To prevent cheating (it happens)…You’ll probably want to conceal your items in a non-see through jar or container While the cards are scratch and sniff, if the storage and care instructions are followed it is not a single-use game and the cards should last for quite a while (the 4 Stank Cards are stored in a reusable bag).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment