276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ron Zacapa Centenario XO Rum Solera Gran Reserva Especial | 40% vol | 70cl | a Balance of Sweetness | Spice | Fruit & Spirit | Aged Rum | Crafted in Guatemala | with Gift Box

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Med den historiske metode Sistema Solera forenes håndværk og traditioner, når rom fra forskellige årgange og med forskellige karakterer blandes. Bagefter fortsætter lagringen i fade, hvor rommen får smagsnoter fra de tønder, den lagrer i. Denne dynamiske og kunstfærdige proces kræver konstant opmærksomhed og den luksus at have rigeligt med tid. Da rom lagrer langsommere i højderne, giver processen Zacapa den optimale tid til at opnå sin perfekte farve, aroma og smag. Zacapa Rom fødes i den frugtbare vulkanske jord i Guatemala, mere præcist på den sydlige kyst, som er det bedste sted i verden at dyrke sukkerrør – for her skinner solen året rundt. Til forskel fra de fleste andre romtyper, der bruger melasse som base, anvender Zacapa Rom kun den allerførste honning fra sukkerrørene. Pouring the rum it reveals itself as a dark mahogany colour with flashes of red and orange. It’s very dark both in the bottle and the glass. However, since the Ron Zacapa XO offers plenty of sweetness, a lot of creaminess, and less tannins on the palette, you could pair it with a creamy, mellow smoke. For me personally, a Costa Rican cigar that brings some of those nutty, sweet and mellow tones would be perfect. Try a D8 from Vegas de Santiago. Looking at the color of the Ron Zacapa XO, the elegant dark walnut brown offers slightly red hues as well as reflections of purple and burgundy red.

Ron Zacapa XO Centenario Solera Gran Reserva Especial Rum

The Zacapa XO is rather disappointing for me, without having any real expectations. The influence of sugar and glycerin is clearly visible. The profile one-dimensional and boring. For 100 euros, the quality is not sufficient and the taste is clearly intended for the mass market. A super easy sipper, which you could use for getting drunk and for harmless drinking if it weren't so expensive. Please buy three bottles of Botucal (Diplomatico) because it has the same quality and has the same purpose. Fast easy drinking. My number #1 pairing with the Zacapa XO is bitter chocolate. It perfectly underlines the sweetness in combination with bitterness, earth and spice. Once you take a bite of the bitter chocolate and let it melt on your tongue, you will see a slight change in the flavor sensation of Ron Zacapa XO. Whilst there’s the aforementioned interplay of richness with a fresh quality of cardamom, cinnamon and dried fruits make another appearance and continuously offer a new dialogue between the rum and the chocolate. I personally don’t mind Zacapa 23 – I think its overpriced for what it is but it makes a decent enough sweet sipper and mixes pretty well. Næse: Udtryksfuld og dyb i komplet balance. En vifte af skovdufte med søde og krydrede toner, vanilje, mandel og chokolade med et strejf af ristet smag.On the other hand the XO does have quite a lot going on. As well as the strong Christmas pudding notes of orange peel ginger, cinnamon and plump brandy infused dried fruits it also has a slightly dry almost sweet and sour note which is common in Bourbon. I kind of Sour Mash feel going on with it as well.

Ron Zacapa Royal Rum : The Whisky Exchange Ron Zacapa Royal Rum : The Whisky Exchange

Ron Zacapa 15 , 23 og 25 er alle lavet på en såkaldt solera. Før rommen hældes igennem soleraen, har den haft forskellig "opvækst" på friske egefade, ex-bourbon, ex-sherry, ex-madeira o.s.v. As I’ve mentioned before, I’m a little cautious when pairing high-proof alcohols with cigars, in particular when they spirits are rather old and have been matured in wooden barrels for decades, primarily because of the tannins. There’s some woodiness and spice in the spirit, that can sometimes interfere with the smoking experience. Towards the finish of every sip, a freshness emerges yet again and perfectly concludes a holistic palate stimulation with dried orange peel, and a whiff of cardamom thrown in there for good measure. Zacapa XO, nebo celým názvem Ron Zacapa XO Solera Gran Reserva Especial, je směs rumů starých 6 až 25 let, zrající metodou solera. Nenechte si tedy od heuréky ani e-shopů namluvit, že se jedná o rum pětadvacetiletý. Konečné zrání probíhá v sudech po koňaku, předtím jsou použity sudy po bourbonu i po sherry Pedro Ximénez. Zraje v nadmořské výšce okolo 2200 metrů nad mořem. Jediný rozdíl mezi Zacapa 23 a Zacapa XO je tak v oněch dvou letech navíc v sudech po koňaku. A pak už jen v lepší prezentaci balení a více než dvojnásobné ceně. A vlastně ještě v malé drobnosti, v horší vůni i chuti... Records the default button state of the corresponding category & the status of CCPA. It works only in coordination with the primary cookie.I’m sure we are all aware of the marketing and the awards Ron Zacapa have won over the years. Not to mention the criticism the brand has come in for due to the sugar additions to their rums. Zacapa holds the accolade of being widely recognised as “one of the best rums in the world” on one hand whilst seen as the devil itself by many within the rum community. Ron Zacapa Centenario is a premium rum produced in Guatemala [1] by Rum Creation and Products, a subsidiary of Industrias Licoreras de Guatemala, and distributed and marketed by Diageo. Zacapa Centenario was created in 1976 to celebrate the hundredth anniversary of the foundation of Zacapa, a town in eastern Guatemala. It was the result of the blending, stabilization and maturing processes of long-aged rums by doctor and chemist named Alejandro Burgaleta. [2] Ron Zacapa is distinctive in that it is aged in a facility at an altitude with natural coolness which avoids evaporation resulting in a usually smooth product. Aroma: Hutná, těžká, koženě-medově-dřevitě-mátová. Ale nemohu se zbavit dojmu, že aroma je uzavřené. Přímé srovnání se Zacapou 23 to potvrdilo. Postupně, jak si pohrávám s Glencairn sklenkou, tak se otevírá další vrstva vůně a nastupuje starý nábytek, kadidlo, sirup, trochu i sladkost smíchaná s hřebíčkem. (88 b) ikke mindre end 7 år i træk har huset også officielt fået denne betegnelse ved den seriøse The International Rum Festival. All in all, the olfactory and gustatory qualities are very much aligned: bitter chocolate, a bit of pipe tobacco, a flavorful melange of espresso crema and dried fruits stand out on the palate as well. This time though, it’s mostly the dates and the prunes that shine.

Ron Zacapa Centenario XO Rum 70cl – Threshers Ron Zacapa Centenario XO Rum 70cl – Threshers

The Ron Zacapa Centenario XO is a solera rum from Guatemala, which was blended from different rums between 10-25 years. The rum made in Column Style is made from sugar cane honey, which means nothing else than a sugar cane syrup is used. The rum is bottled in a pretty bottle with 40% alcohol and contains caramel coloring, approx. 20g/l sugar and glycerin. The finish is both mouth-coating and mouth-watering at the same time. You could chew on this rum for an hour, and you’d find new aromatic qualities and taste sensations with every sip. Ron Zacapa Centenario represents the culmination of several generations dedicated to the manufacture of genuine aged rums. The history of Zacapa rum starts with the erection of a new city in 1876: Zacapa (one of the departments of Guatemala). Nothing out of the ordinary happened until the year 1914, when Industria Licorera Guatemalteca started to produce rum. Between 1914 and 1939 several Guatemalan families individually established their own spirits companies throughout the country. In 1930 Company Industria Licorera Euzkadi opened its doors and in that same year Licorera Zacapaneca also started rum production. Finally in 1939 Industria Licorera Quezalteca opened its doors and in 1944 these four companies begun the merging of the companies. By doing so they were able to create a more modern distillery, which was needed in those fast developing modern times when the liquor industry was a growing factor in Guatemala’s economy. The new group of many companies was named Industrias Licoreras de Guatemala. As time went by new insights grew and a new company called La Nacional, Distribuidora de Licores S.A. was created in 1959 which was dedicated for marketing, distribution and sales as a combined project. Today La Nacional even includes an in-house printing company, regional distribution centres and product transportation services. It took them until 1976 to establish the brand Ron Zacapa. This name was given as a celebration during a festival commemorating the 100th anniversary of the founding of the town of Zacapa. Ron Zacapa sources its sugar cane from the plantations of Retalhuleu and Suchitepéquez. Now Ron Zacapa encompasses only serious rums intended for sipping. Zacapa uses their own distillery and four different production plants and they invest steadily in the incorporation of technology and have direct operations in the countries of the Central American region. At the moment Ron Zacapa is created in one of the most modern distilleries where nothing is thrown away but all reused. Finish: Fuld af følelse. Nyd Zacapa XO langsomt uden hast for at opdage alle de hemmeligheder, der gemmer sig bag foreningen af kunst, tid og engagement. I’d personally recommend that you try this XO rum neat. My glass of choice is always a tulip-shaped nosing glass, intensifying and concentrating the aromas towards the nose in a perfect way.

Ron Zacapa XO’s Palate & Mouthfeel

Guatemala. Alene navnet emmer af mystik og legender. Det sted, Zacapa kommer fra, bliver ofte kaldt ”The House in the Clouds”, da det befinder sig 2,330 km over havets overflade – bogstavelig talt over skyerne. Ron Zacapa XO is the “super premium” addition to the regular Ron Zacapa range. There are many others yearly variations on the rum but this one along with the Sistema Solera 23 has been available for a number of years now. This cookie is set by Rubicon Project to control synchronization of user identification and exchange of user data between various ad services. Efter destilleringen drager Zacapa på en lang rejse for at lagre i ”The House in the Clouds” i Guatemala’s højland. Vores fantastiske ”Master Blender” Lorena Lorena Vasquez har nøje udvalgt placeringen i højlandet, som det perfekte sted til at lagre rom. Det er et dokumenteret faktum, at den kølige bjergluft reducerer fordampningen, så mere af den fantastiske rom får lov til at lagre i tønderne. Kun ved at lagre i ”The House in the Clouds” 2.330 km over havets overflade, kan Zacapa Rom udvikle sin exceptionelle dybe aroma,mørke farve og fyldige smag til perfektion.

Ron Zacapa XO | Rum Ratings

I Guatemala bliver denne første honning kaldt jomfruhonning, og den danner basis for Zacapa’s unikke smag. Whilst the 23 is a great go-to spirit, the XO is a more luxurious rum. There’s more depth to the overall experience on all various levels. What’s interesting to compare side by side, is that the sweetness and the caramelized nuances that are very prominent in the 23 are tamed down with the XO.

Ron Zacapa XO’s Robe

Chuť: Hutný na jazyku, olejnatý. Ale je tak zvláštně jemný, na první napití nijak ohromující. Bohužel ani na druhé, ani na třetí napití, ani na dvacáté.Popisy chutě by byly podobné jako u aroma, snad ještě těžší dřeitost, čokoládová dřevitost a trochu borové pryskyřice navíc. Popsané složky vypadají snad lákavě, ale pro mě je chuť celkem zklamáním, to vůně na tom byla ještě znatelně lépe. (86 b) Given the price tag, this XO is an occasional rum. One would probably take this from the shelve for special occasions or as a present for family and dear friends. If you would like to add an exclusive bottle to your home bar, the Ron Zacapa XO is a great choice, perfectly suitable as a cigar pairing, with a piece of bitter chocolate, or just by itself. The presentation of the XO is spectacular with a beautiful crystal like decanter with embossed metal labelling and a beautiful box to store the rum, with a few notes on the rum and its heritage. At this kind of price you really should be getting top notch presentation. It’s very much a rum you could imagine a non rum drinker buying for a rum lover as a present. It’s very eye catching and its appearance does suggest quality. There is sweet mocha like coffee along with a little tobacco but really the sweetness overall dominates. The rum doesn’t taste aged because it is so sweet. Any tobacco or oak notes are lost in the sweetness. Zacapa’s hjemsted er en betagende blanding af høje bjerge, aktive vulkaner og et frodigt landskab. Guatemala’s historie går tilbage til Mayaerne. Dele af deres kultur lever den dag i dag i det næsten kunstneriske landskab, som kendetegnerlandet. Arven fra Mayaerne er tydeligt repræsenteret på Zacapa-flasken med flaskens bastbånd, som kaldes ”The Petate”. Det er et kongeligt mayasymbol, der symboliserer sammenhængen mellem tid og rum. Bastbåndet fremstilles eksklusivt til hver flaske af efterkommere af Mayaerne.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment