276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Robodog: The incredibly funny new illustrated children’s book for 2023, from the multi-million bestselling author of SPACEBOY

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

As a massive fan of David Walliams, I was excited to get my hands on this book. I had high hopes for this one but unfortunately, it didn’t quite meet my expectations. I have a few ideas on why this book didn’t work for me but it genuinely surprised me that I didn’t love this book. David Walliams continues to take the literary world by storm. His tenth novel, BAD DAD, was an immediate number one, following the triumph of THE MIDNIGHT GANG, the biggest-selling children’s book of 2016. THE WORLD’S WORST CHILDREN 2, spent four weeks at industry number one. David Walliams is fast becoming a global phenomenon in the world of children’s literature – his ability to wow fans is unprecedented with global sales over 14.1 million. If you’re looking for some exciting activities to keep boredom at bay, then you’ve definitely come to the right place! Scroll down for a treasure trove of fantastic activities, all inspired by David Walliams’ tremendous tales. David Walliams is a very popular children's author in the UK but I've been avoiding his much-lauded books because a) I've never found his brand of humour particularly funny, and b) I read his picture book The Slightly Annoying Elephant to my kids and none of us rated it.

David Walliams is the biggest selling children's author to have started writing since the year 2000. His books have been translated into over 55 languages and have sold over 40 million copies worldwide! David Walliams is a literary phenomenon whose books have sold more than 50 million copies worldwide and have been translated into fifty-four languages. Robodog by David Williams is the perfect book for every dog lover. I absolutely loved the illustrations by Adam Stower.The city of Bedlam is desperate; the streets are rat-infested and filthy; the buildings dilapidated, and, worst of all, the inhabitants are ruled by super villains of the underworld. These thugs are captained by the dastardly duo, Mighty Mind, a giant criminal mega-brain living in a fishbowl on wheels, and his henchperson, Hammerhands, a terrifying woman with hammers instead of hands. As well as being a No.1 best-selling Children’s author, David Walliams is one of Britain's most popular writers and comic actors. Little Britain’, which he co-created with Matt Lucas, started on Radio 4 and soon progressed to BBC1. The show has won numerous international awards including three BAFTAs, and now plays in over 100 countries. ‘Little Britain Live’ performed to a million people in the UK, Ireland and Australia. David and Matt followed ‘Little Britain’ with the hugely popular spoof airport documentary series 'Come Fly With Me'. I love a good David Walliams book and this is a return to form. I just wish that it had been longer to be honest. They're always fast paced and frenetic but I did want more when I finished it. Fingers crossed for a sequel. Mr Stink, Gangsta Granny, The Boy in the Dress and Billionaire Boy have all been adapted into TV comedy dramas. David’s books have also been made into theatre productions including Mr Stink, Gangsta Granny, Ratburger and The First Hippo on the Moon.

The Police Chief needs a hero. Fortunately, she is married to a brilliant scientist-inventor, the Professor, whose speciality is actually washing machines, but she is able to use spare parts to build the ultimate crime fighter, called Robodog. This robotic hero has the strength of a German shepherd, can follow a scent like a bloodhound, barks louder than a spaniel, has the speed of a greyhound, the pride of a terrier, the bravery of a schnauzer and is as keen nosed as a beagle.He's the newest recruit at the Police Dog School, and supercharged for adventure. But can he stop the most feared duo in Bedlam, and their evil plans to ruin the city . . .?

Fun story for kids about a Police Chief and Professor who are married and decide to create a RoboDog to help with the problems in Bedlam. This follows on from the success of Grandpa’s Great Escape, Awful Auntie, Demon Dentist, Ratburger and Gangsta Granny. All went straight to Children’s number one on release with Gangsta Granny and Billionaire Boy selling over a million copies to date. Their cat Velma is horrified at the idea. She has had the Chief and Professor to herself all this time. Why on earth would they introduce a dog of all things to her happy household? She goes completely mad when the Professor presents ROBODOG! As much as I agree this is wholesome and sweet , it doesn’t have the charm of his initial books , I’ve already noticed a shift in the writing style and the illustrator , but I wanted to complete all of his work , atleast at the time I discovered him and I’m glad it’s all off my tbr. Some of them were a real chore to get through

I thought Robodog was a great book for kids, it had some fun and fantastic characters. The Professor, the lost patrol, Robodog and his friend Ratty were my favourite characters. As well as his Children’s fiction, David has also published four number one bestselling picture books, his latest, The Bear Who went Boo! was published in November 2015 and has had total sales of over 85,000 to date. The Queen’s Orang-utan, David’s third picture book was written exclusively for Comic Relief with David giving all of his proceeds from the book to the charity.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment