276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Casio fx-85GTX Scientific Calculator, Black

£24.465£48.93Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

There’s no S-D button for simple conversion of results between fractions and decimals. The answer always defaults to a fraction, and to get it into decimal format you have to either (a) press FORMAT, use the arrow keys to select the preferred format and press OK or EXE, or (b) press Shift then EXE to get a decimal approximation (i.e. rounded decimal form) – but the latter option will only work correctly if pressing EXE doesn’t prompt the calculator to carry out another calculation. Until the current GCSE and A-level specifications came in (2015 and 2017 respectively), the standard calculator in most English schools for both GCSE and A-level for a good few years had been the Casio fx-83GT Plus – or the fx-85GT Plus, which was exactly the same except that it had a solar panel as well as battery power.

Another one that’s been brought to my attention: the functionality of the button has been changed so that it no longer “attaches” itself to the preceding number. It’s not actually wrong but it’s a change that will be very confusing for many students! Complete the short form that accompanies your product. Please ensure that you complete all of the sections, as this will guarantee the timely processing of your return/exchange. Are you in need of a scientific calculator? Well, with the new and upgraded version of the Casio FX-83GT X, this calculator includes additional features and a high definition display as well as an improved UI. The calculator worked straight away, comes with a decent instruction manual and the large display is easy to read. When the new specifications came in, Casio brought out new upgraded calculators called the Classwiz series. The GCSE model was the Classwiz fx 83/85GT X, and included a few extra features that the GT Plus didn’t have, although the GT Plus was (and is) still perfectly adequate for GCSE.Thanks for these incredibly helpful articles (‘Clueless about calculators?’ and ‘The new Casio Classwiz CW calculators’). I’m still using my beloved 1980s Casio fx-451 scientific calculator (which has absolutely minimal key presses even compared with the Casio Classwiz fx-83/85GT models: even the S-D button is an ‘extra-step annoyance’ for me). But I really need to be up-to-speed on today’s calculators as my own children, let alone my tutorial students, move into GCSEs and beyond. I feel so much more informed on the topic. Much appreciated. functions; new functions on the ‘GTX’ model include Ratio, Digit Separator, Advanced Statistics, Advanced Tables and Variables List

The A-level model now has the generic equation solver function in the same place as the quadratic and simultaneous equation solvers, rather than in an apparently random position above the CALC button.

Teachers can request a free licence for use in classrooms, remote and blended learning (available in the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Ireland).

This model has the benefit of a large display and, more importantly for me as I get older, a much better lit display that makes it easier on my eyes.If you have exams coming up, then this calculator can be used. It is recommended and approved for Key Stages 3 and 4, which includes GCSE, National and Higher, Junior and Leaving. AtthemomentallmyanswersarecomingoutasfractionsandfractionsareuselesstomeasIneedallmynumbersindecimals.HowdoIgetittogivemedecimalanswersbydefault? IknowIcanpressthefraction->decimalbuttonbutthatgetskindaannoyingwhenyouhavetopressit everytime. Natural Textbook Display (Natural-V.P.A.M), shows mathematical expressions as they appear in textbooks. The display on the calculator allows for more readable sums, fractions for example allow you to actually see one number abover the other one instead of using some weird symbol like the calculators when I was at school. The CASIO FX-85 GT CW comes with additional features, including a high definition display and improved menu navigation. Approved for Key stages 3 & 4, recommended for GCSE, National and Higher, Junior and Leaving.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment