276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Apple Slice: My life as a teacher and other musings…

£3.83£7.66Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

You could also add a pinch of nutmeg if you like that flavour, I think that most sweet spices would work well in this recipe or if you prefer a plain taste just leave them out.

Other apple recipes: top 5 apple recipes, Apple Dapple Cake, French Apple Cake, Apple cinnamon pop tarts, Invisible Apple Cake, Sicilian Apple Cake, Best Apple Crumble, Apple Flower Tarts, Apple Rose Tart, Thousand Layered Apple Cake, Gluten free apple and polenta cake and the ULTIMATE apple pie! The five ingredients in this recipe are sugar, self-raising flour, apple slices, egg and butter, too easy mate! I've made this slice with both tinned apples (a pantry relic from 2020 COVID where we bought tinned fruit) and fresh, stewed apples and they both work well. Within the pages of Slice, Dice and Die, Flint finds his soul mate, who helps him solve the murders of his business partner, Lila and her husband, Dutch.So we’re talking different apples, different flours, different sugars, different fats, different ingredient ratio and with or without a topping – there are so many ways you can go with it.

Check how brown the apple slices are and record observations on the free printable apple experiment worksheet. A splash of dark rum in the sauce is naughty but nice, but you can leave that out if treating the kids.Greek yogurt helps to keep this cake extra moist and the toffee ganache will keep guests coming back for another slice. In this apple oxidation experiment, we are going to explore the chemical reaction that turns the apple brown. My latest variation was with tinned lychees and I sprinkled desiccated coconut on top before baking, which went deliciously crunchy.

Many hours in the middle of the night are spent thinking, stressing, praying, plotting, scheming, and planning. Put just over half the biscuit mix (350gms) into the greased cake tin and lightly press down until it is evenly spread out on the tin. Have your child predict which liquid will work the best and record it on the free apple oxidation experiment worksheet.

This apple slice has to cool and then be chilled completely and then sliced as it needs to firm up completely before eating. Line the case with greaseproof paper, fill with baking beans and bake blind in the heated oven for 12–15 minutes until the pastry is set and firm. Whether it’s for popping in the kids’ lunch boxes or afternoon tea with friends, this is a treat you’ll definitely keep coming back to. Our crumble loaf is full of raisins and spice, too, with a nutty topping to turn it into something a bit special. Swipe from book to book to see which book covers, descriptions and reviews catch your eye, then add the books you’re interested in to your Want to Read list.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment