276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Mistborn: Secret History

£5.495£10.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Are you sure they couldn't just read the Mistborn series? I haven't read SH in a while, but do they lose that much if they don't know about some of the Cosmere stuff?

Mistborn: Secret History - Macmillan Mistborn: Secret History - Macmillan

and one last thing: it's been confirmed that Cephandrius is not, in fact, his real name. So there goes that theory, before it even really got off the ground. I don't want to spoil anything about this for any Sanderson fans, but suffice to say, for me this was excellent and I loved it. I couldn't have imagined the full scope that Sanderson would go to in this to inform you and excite you about the Cosmere Universe, and of course the fact that it was a surprise novella too was great. It is very hard to give a proper synopsis to this novella without spoiling it. So I will keep this one short. Although this is book 3.5 in the Mistborn series, it is advisable to read it after book 6 (The Bands of Mourning) due to some minor spoilers. If you plan to read the second era read this after book 6. If you have no plan in reading the second era then you can read it right after The Hero of Ages. No spoilers here, but, certain people will be VERY pleased with what transpires at the very end of Bands of Mourning, and continued in this novella. Like I said: game-changer. Oh, I think you know.” The man met Kelsier’s eyes, and in them Kelsier saw eternity. A cool, calm eternity—the eternity of stones that saw generations pass, or of careless depths that didn’t notice the changing of days, for light never reached them anyway.Some things that I didn't like as much were how some parts were very disjointed and I feel like this would have very little merit for someone who is a casual Sanderson reader. Or if they only read Mistborn. They'd get some of what is going on, but definitely not most. Overall, though, I thought this was great. Was happy to cry again at Lord Sanderson's magical story-telling. Once you step behind the curtain and see the actors as the people they are, it becomes harder to pretend the play is real.” Good starting places are Mistborn (a.k.a. The Final Empire), Skyward, Steelheart,The Emperor’s Soul, and Alcatraz vs. the Evil Librarians. If you’re already a fan of big fat fantasies, you can jump right into The Way of Kings. You realize that if he were in control, nobody would age? Nobody would think or live? If he had his way you'd all be frozen in time, unable to act lest you harm one another."

Leras - The Coppermind - 17th Shard Leras - The Coppermind - 17th Shard

Kelsier breathed in and out, then growled, heaving himself to his feet. “Well,” he proclaimed, “that was thoroughly awful.”Nearby, an unfortunate skaa woman lurched into the afterlife, then almost immediately faded. Her figure stretched, transforming to a white mist that was pulled toward a distant, dark point. That was how it looked, at least, though the point she stretched toward wasn’t a place—not really. It was . . . Beyond. A location that was somehow distant, pointing away from him no matter where he moved. Hence, Mistborn. A thousand years ago, the prophesied hero from lore rose up to overthrow a great and terrible evil. Only, he lost, and the Dark Lord took over and has been ruling with an iron fist for a thousand years. Ash falls from the sky in this barren land, and mists come every night, deep and mysterious. In this setting, a gang of thieves decides that the prophecies were all lies and that they can’t trust in some fabled hero to save them. They decide to take matters into their own hands, and plan a daring heist of the dark lord himself, planning to use the emperor’s own wealth to bribe his armies away from him and take over the empire. I’m Brandon Sanderson, and I write stories of the fantastic: fantasy, science fiction, and thrillers. I can’t help thinking you aren’t pulling your weight on this team, Fuzz. Come on. Work with me. You indicated that Allomancers last longer. Feruchemists too?” Y es una novela necesaria para entender el Cosmere y les juro que les va a cambiar la forma de ver la primera era de Mistborn.

Mistborn: Secret History - Macmillan

Once you step behind the curtain and see the actors as the people they are, it becomes harder to pretend the play is real." I finished all the released books in the Mistborn series ending with this one and I am such a large fan of it! This is a novella taking place during the events of the first trilogy but it should be read after the first trilogy as it contains major spoilers. It has minor spoilers for book 4 so it can be read after it but the important thing is finishing the main trilogy first.How much of what you've done was about love, and how much was about proving something? That you hadn't been betrayed, bested, beaten? Can you answer that, Kelsier?"

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment