276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Burton & Burton Basketball Planter/Centerpiece for Room Decor and Sports Events

£22.345£44.69Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

You’ll also need a craft knife, cut resistant glove, file folder (or piece of cardboard), pencil, marker, ruler and a planter with a lip on it. The lip on the plastic pot is important because it covers up the rough edges of the hole. The one piece of indispensable ‘equipment’, at least for me, is the metal ring you see below. That’s because it helps keep the ball steady as I cut. Any metal ring will work as long as it sits flat. Try a wok ring or a stove burner ring.

Then test the fit of the planter in the hole you just cut. It should be loose enough to slide in, but the lip should cover up the hole. Step 2. Mark the Line on the Ball

Required Cookies & Technologies

You might say we’re ‘on the ball’ with this basketball planter (or rather – in the ball)! You might even say this project’s a ‘slam dunk’. No matter what you call it, there’s no denying that this is the easiest upcycled planter idea we’ve created to date. And we do have a number of upcycled planter ideas for all skill levels to choose from!

At this point, you can either use the cardboard template to draw your circle, or set a protractor to the proper circumference and use that to draw instead. If you want to leave the basketball unpainted, be sure to clean it up beforehand. Wash it with soap and water and a scrub brush to get it looking its best. Our theme this month is Fantabulous Planters. So today we’re showing you how to make a basketball planter!

3 Comments

It’s time for this month’s International Bloggers Club (IBC). The IBC is a group of bloggers from all over the world who challenge each other every month to make something using a common theme. Our previous challenge was “I Can Upcycle” and we used drink cans to make this eye catching can craft mosaic art.

A template ensures you’ll have a perfect fit after the ball is cut. Turn the planter upside down onto the file folder and trace around the perimeter. I chose to centre the cardboard template and trace around the circle with a marker. Step 3. Cut the Ball Measure in from the rim to the inside edge. My measurement is 1/4″. Draw a line that’s 1/4″ (or your measurement) inside the first. Cut on the outside of the line you drew, so the hole doesn’t shrink on you and become too tight. As you move forward, you’ll be able to lift a flap, as shown below, to help with the tension as you cut. Wear a cut resistant glove if you’re worried about slipping. Turn the empty pot upside down on a sheet of white paper and trace around the outside. If your pot has a plant in it already, you can measure the width of the pot and draw a circle using that measurement. Cut out the circle template.Ensure you have a new sharp blade in the craft knife. Insert the pointy tip of the craft knife at the starting point. You’ll hear the air slowly hiss as it escapes. There are a ton of ways to display your new basketball planter! You can set it right onto a ring or hang it. But you don’t even have to get all fancy with a basketball hoop planter. A planter ring – wall mounted pot holder – will work just as well.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment