276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Let the Right One In

£5.495£10.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In a survey of the 26 most industrialised countries, only Sweden came out better.” (Better at what? Oh… life…love…happiness…)

Oskar is a 12 year old boy living in suburbs of Sweden. He is bullied regularly by three of this classmates. Other students avoid him and he has no friends. He is alone and this loneliness fills him with plans of revenge. He feels so much rage towards these other guys, he wants to kill them. His evenings are filled with adding newspaper cuttings of brutal murders to his scrapbook. He wants to be a famous murderer. But none of these things happens because he met a girl named Eli. Eli lives next door to him. There is something peculiar about Eli but soon they are friends. But there is someone who is killing people in his town.

With all the horridness described in this book, it is strangely full of love and tenderness, understanding and forgiveness.

Best writing and characterization I've read in a long time! (Not to mention best horror book--ever.) I am in awe of Lindqvist's ability to write, it is impossible for me to enjoy a book without great writing and the translation was so spot on it did not read like one at all. Andreeva, Nellie (April 15, 2021). "Anika Noni Rose Joins 'Let the Right One In' Showtime Drama Pilot". Deadline Hollywood . Retrieved April 29, 2021. There were gross, stomach curdling parts...no one has made me that disgusted by some of the acts committed in years. (This is a book for true horror lovers only!) But, there was also tenderness, a caring for others, and a desire in the reader to see Eli stay "alive"----no matter what had to be done, because we've learned Eli's sad past :( It is very very late---and I promised to reward myself by watching the Swedish movie version as soon as I was finished, so I will have to return and make a better review....at this moment I don't want the story to end---and I know when the movie is over I'm going to feel lost without Eli and Oskar....I want a sequel (and a long one)!!! How do you move on to another book after this?The ending of this book was the best part, 1. Because it's perfect and 2. because I was ready for this to be over--not something I would choose to read again, actually. It's not a feel good story at all. I struggled with the rating for this book because I don't want to mislead by having my rating indicate that I thought this was “middle of road good.” Parts of it are much better than that...but parts are also worse. The book is a tad schizophrenic. There are some amazing 5 star aspects and some unappealing 1 and 2 star components, all of which coagulate into an overall rating of “I liked it” but didn't love it.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment