276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Shadow and Bone Trilogy: Shadow and Bone, Siege and Storm, Ruin and Rising (Shadow and Bone Trilogy, 1-3)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Soldier. Summoner. Saint. Follow Alina Starkov through Shadow and Bone, Siege and Storm, and Ruin and Rising as she discovers her dormant powers and is swept up in a world of luxury and illusion. As Alina struggles to fit into her new life, a threat to the kingdom of Ravka grows—one that will test old alliances and challenge the very limits of magic, one that will forge a leader from a frightened girl. Alina,” the Darkling repeated, his fingers seeking mine. I was surprised to find fresh tears filling my eyes. L'Invocatrice de Lumière a été élevée au grade de Sainte. Morte ou survivante ? Son nom fait soulever les foules. Pourtant, Alina est brisée. Son pouvoir est en train de la détruire, son avenir lui échappe et une décision grave s'impose.

Ziemlich überrascht und auch enttäuscht war ich von der Übersetzung der Bücher (3. Kritikpunkt), die zwar grundsätzlich nicht schlecht ist, aber für mich irgendwie nicht zu Leigh Bardugos Stimme zu passen scheint. Das war insofern auffallend, da ich Teil 1 „Goldene Flammen“ auf Englisch gelesen und mich damit deutlich wohler gefühlt habe, als mit den übersetzten Teilen 2 und 3. Von daher verwunderte es mich auch nicht, als ich gesehen habe, dass die Grisha-Trilogie von einem anderen Übersetzer als das Krähen-Duo, die Kurzgeschichten in „Die Sprache der Dornen“ und auch „King of Scars“ ins Deutsche umgesetzt wurden. Ich kann nicht genau sagen, was mich gestört hat und ich weiß, dass ich es definitiv nicht besser machen könnte, aber irgendwie wirkte es einfach nicht stimmig und im Leigh-Bardugo-Fluss. Auch der Schriftsatz war vor allem in Dialogen mit viel wörtlicher Rede gewöhnungsbedürftig, denn allein durch den Schriftsatz war nicht immer klar, wer gerade spricht. Da hätten normale Absätze, wenn die wörtliche Rede den „Sprecher“ wechselt die Sache deutlich einfacher gemacht. He was ancient, I knew that. But in this moment he was just a boy—brilliant, blessed with too much power, burdened by eternity.

Ich habe die Trilogie bereits vor ein paar Jahren gelesen und fand es relativ durchschnittlich. Seitdem habe ich aber die Krähen Dilogie geliebt und allgemein die Welt lieben gelernt. Deswegen wollte ich dieser Trilogie noch eine Chance geben. Le troisième tome commence en plein chaos. Encore et toujours la même rengaine. Les troupes ont été ébranlées, les ennemis ou les alliés sont éparpillés. Tout fout le camp. Mais la ferveur populaire est plus vibrante que jamais. I was glad that the Darkling was killed, although I was also sorta sad. I had been hoping he would turn out to see things from Alina's POV and that he and Alina would then have a future together.. But sadly, it was not to be. I was sad that the Darkling survived, but I suppose something more needs to be left for book three!

Bardugo can write. I got though the second and third even if I threw it down a few times in frustration. But this series would have benefitted GREATLY by being a two-book series. Then again…I am 27. Angsty teen me might have loved all the insubstantial fluff.

See the Grishaverse come to life on screen with the Netflix series, Shadow and Bone. Just wait for the daring rogue Nikolai to join the fold in Season 2 — covering explosive events of both Siege and Storm and Ruin and Rising — streaming now! Set in a fascinating, unique world rich with detail, Shadow and Bone was unlike anything I've ever read. Alina is a clever, sympathetic character I will gladly follow into the next installment—which can't come soon enough!”—Veronica Roth, New York Times–bestselling author of Divergent, on Shadow and Bone Man merkt hier, dass das der Debütroman (eigentlich Debüttrilogie, da man es in allen Bänden merkt) der Autorin ist. Manches war recht unbeholfen oder einfach ein Klischee. Ich hatte das Gefühl, dass einiges nur drin war, weil es zu der Zeit eben in allen Jugendbüchern war. Filled with lush descriptions, intriguing magic, and plenty of twists, this memorable adventure offers action and intrigue mixed with an undercurrent of romance and danger.”— Publishers Weekly on Shadow and Bone Ggf. klingt diese Rezi jetzt kritischer als ich sie wirklich empfinde, denn ich mag die Grisha-Trilogie und ich mag die Welt, die Leigh Bardugo mit den Grisha und Krähen geschaffen hat. Das ist für mich jedes Mal wie „heim kommen.“ Ich fühle mich in dieser Welt wohl, aber sie kann es besser.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment