276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Lancashire Trig Bagger Challenge Logbook: Hiking & Walking Challenge Featuring 101 Trig Pillars in Lancashire

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Here you need to cross the fence and continue to follow the path, which eventually becomes a worn vehicle track, towards West Nab trig pillar. The data was provided by the Ordnance Survey who have kindly their given permission to post on the web.

Also known as Tor Hill, or simply 'the Tor' by locals, Musbury Tor is a conspicuous flat-topped hill that dominates the skyline on the approach into Haslingden from Accrington. Once you are registered as a member this link will allow you to 'bag' those trigpoints on the major hills of britain.

An OS spokesperson explained: “Triangulation works by determining the location of a point by measuring angles to it from known points at either end of a fixed baseline. For many years a key feature of my walking has been to visit Ordnance Survey triangulation pillars, also known as trig pillars. Fiona Russell is a widely published adventure journalist and blogger, better known as Fiona Outdoors.

Even more acheivable ( although access can be problematic) are the 9 Curry Stools, 6 of which are in Scotland. Yarlside is a mountain summit in the Penrith to Lancaster region in the county of Lancashire, England. After 75m turn left, through the stile gate and take the path across the field to another stile gate. At the time the Pennine Way was created the route up to the summit involved wading through peat bogs, which had been stripped bare both through erosion from walkers but also pollution from the surrounding mills which had killed off vegetation.A theodolite was secured to the top mounting plate of a pillar so that angles could then be measured from the pillar to other surrounding points. My imagination, by the way, is far from desultory; I'm presently plotting a short story in which a walker, inevitably northern and well stricken in years, goes doo-lally through an excess of cakes and tea and starts rendering homage to these unbeguiling stumps, believing them to be the souls of dead protesters who participated in The Great Moors Walk back when bread was still rationed. I use the word 'artifacts' as the OS employed more than just pillars, and this list includes FBMs, Concrete Rings and some other types of trig point. We are now at our most southern and westerly point on the Eastern Loop and to the west is Winter Hill, which is highest point on the Southern Loop of the Lancashire Way. Thanks to the construction of a paved path and moorland restoration work Black Hill is now grassy again.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment