276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Anxious for Nothing: Finding Calm in a Chaotic World

£9.495£18.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Philippians 4:19– And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. K) “I have [ c] manifested Your name to the men ( L) whom You have given Me out of the world. ( M) They were Yours, You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word. 7 Now they have known that all things which You have given Me are from You. 8 For I have given to them the words ( N) which You have given Me; and they have received them, ( O) and have known surely that I came forth from You; and they have believed that ( P) You sent Me.

Max Lucado - Best-selling Christian Author of Anxious for Nothing

There are numerous stories shared throughout the book, as well as Scripture verses, and they are very relatable. The book, overall, is very well-written with tips that are easy to apply. Lucado does note that some people will need the help of therapy and/or medication, and that both are legitimate parts of God’s healing for some people. In Jeremiah, the Lord says, “I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope” (Jeremiah 29:11).Isaiah 41:10– Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Strong's 235: But, except, however. Neuter plural of allos; properly, other things, i.e. contrariwise. When we are afraid, we need to remember that God is with us. He will never leave us or forsake us. He is our strength and our help. We can trust Him to take care of us. To be anxious for nothing means to not be weighed down by the cares of this world. It’s a command from God to not allow anything to steal our peace or joy. This doesn’t mean that we will never experience negative emotions or that life will be perfect. It means that we can trust God with whatever comes our way and find strength in Him during difficult times. Why do we get anxious?

Philippians 4:6-9,John 17 NKJV - Be anxious for nothing, but

I am inspired by the premise of the book, those verses were written by Paul at such a difficult time and yet he lives in joy, I can say “yes, I want that too” and feel motivated to change to make that happen. Intellectually I am frightened by the statistics and research highlighting the silent epidemic that is anxiety and the horrible effects of a life lived anxious. Max paints a vivid picture of why, logically, we need this change. Practically, I have things to do at the end of each chapter and they really make a difference. The lines I loved say it best: Never worry about anything. But in every situation let God know what you need in prayers and requests while giving thanks. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. The Great House of God Traveling Light When Christ Comes When God Whispers Your Name You’ll Get Through This FICTION Christmas Stories The Christmas Candle Miracle at the Higher Grounds Café BIBLES (GENERAL EDITOR) Grace for the Moment Daily Bible The Lucado Life Lessons Study Bible Children’s Daily Devotional Bible CHILDREN’S BOOKS A Max Lucado Children’s Treasury Do You Know I Love You, God? God Forgives Me, and I Forgive You God Listens When I Pray Grace for the Moment: 365 Devotions for Kids Hermie, a Common Caterpillar Itsy Bitsy Christmas Just in Case You Ever Wonder Lucado Treasury of Bedtime Prayers One Hand, Two Hands Thank You, God, for Blessing Me Thank You, God, for Loving Me The Boy and the Ocean The Crippled Lamb The Oak Inside the Acorn The Tallest of Smalls You Are Mine You Are SpecialPulpit Commentary Verse 6. - Be careful for nothing; rather, as R.V., in nothing be anxious. Μέριμνα is anxious, distracting care. St. Paul does not wish his converts to be careless, but to be free from that over-anxiety about worldly things which might distract their thoughts from the service of God, and hinder their growth in holiness. Comp. 1 Peter 5:7, where the apostle bids us cast all our care ( μέριμνα) upon God. The thought of the Lord's nearness should lead us both to be forbearing in our relations to others, and also to keep ourselves free, as far as may be, from worldly anxieties. "He careth for us." But in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. "Curare et orare," says Bengel, "plus inter se pugnant quam aqua et ignis." In everything; in each emergency, little or great, as it arises, pray; cultivate the habit of referring all things, great or small, to God in prayer. The two words rendered "prayer" and "supplication" προσευχή and δέησις) occur together also in Ephesians 6:18; 1 Timothy 2:l and Ephesians 5:5. The first has been defined by Chrysostom and others as prayer to obtain a good; the second, prayer to avoid an evil Better, perhaps, as most modern commentators, προσευχή is the general word, covering the idea of prayer in its widest meaning; while δέησις is a special act of supplication for some particular object of need (see Trench, 'Synonyms of the New Testament,' sect. 51.). With thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is the necessary accompaniment of prayer; it ought never to be absent from our devotions; it springs out of that holy joy which St. Paul so constantly sets before us in this Epistle as the bounden duty of Christians. St. Paul himself is an example of constant thanksgiving. All his Epistles, except those to the Galatians, 1 Timothy, and Titus, open with a thanksgiving. In the dungeon at Philippi he and Silas "prayed and sang praises unto God" ( Acts 16:25). Our requests, the things for which we ask, are to be made known unto God; πρὸςτὸνΘεόν before God, in the presence of God, by prayer, the general converse of the soul with God; and by supplication, direct petitions for the supply of our necessities. Indeed, he knows our necessities before we ask; but we are encouraged to make them known before him, as Hezekiah took the letter of Sennacherib and spread it before the Lord. In nothing be anxious; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

Anxious for Nothing Max Lucado - Best-selling Christian Author of Anxious for Nothing

We can’t change the future. We can only live for today. So instead of worrying about tomorrow, we should focus on today and trust God for tomorrow. Every day has enough trouble of its own. Instead of focusing on tomorrow, focus on today and be anxious for nothing. 9. Don’t be afraid Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;

Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? When we resist the devil, he will flee from us. We don’t need to give in to temptation. We can resist the enemy and be anxious for nothing. 12. Rely on the Lord Stop letting anxiety rule the day. Join Max on the journey to true freedom and experience more peace, joy, clarity, physical renewal, and contentment by the power of the Holy Spirit. In John, the Lord Jesus Christ said, “In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world” (John 16:33).

Anxious for Nothing Pages 1-50 - Flip PDF Download | FlipHTML5 Anxious for Nothing Pages 1-50 - Flip PDF Download | FlipHTML5

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and petition with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. In addition, he was a legalist to the core. Before he knew Christ, Paul had spent a lifetime trying to save himself. His salvation depended on his perfection, on his performance. If anyone ever had reason to hope that he could save himself, it would be I. If others could be saved by what they are, certainly I could! For I went through the Jewish initiation ceremony when I was eight days old, having been born into a pure-blooded Jewish home that was a branch of the old original Benjamin family. So I was a real Jew if there ever was one! What’s more, I was a member of the Pharisees who demand the strictest obedience to every Jewish law and custom. And sincere? Yes, so much so that I greatly persecuted the Church; and I tried to obey every Jewish rule and regulation right down to the very last point. (Phil. 3:4–6 TLB) Paul had blood on his hands and religious diplomas on his wall. But then came the Damascus road moment. Jesus appeared. Once Paul saw Jesus, he couldn’t see anymore. He couldn’t see value in his résumé anymore. He couldn’t see merit in his merits or worth in his good works anymore. He couldn’t see reasons to boast about anything he had done anymore. And he couldn’t see any option except to spend the rest of his life talking less about himself and more about Jesus. He became the great poet of grace. “But all these things that I once thought very worthwhile—now I’ve thrown them all away so that I can put my trust and hope in Christ alone” (Phil. 3:7 TLB). In exchange for self-salvation, God gave Paul righteousness. “Now I am right with God, not because I followed the law, but because I believed in Christ” (Phil. 3:9 NCV). Paul gave his guilt to Jesus. Period. He didn’t numb it, hide it, deny it, offset it, or punish it. He simply surrendered it to Jesus. As a result, he would write, “I am still not all I should be, but I am bringing all my energies to bear on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God is calling us up to heaven because of what Christ Jesus did for us” (Phil. 3:13–14 TLB). Never worry about anything. Instead, in every situation let your petitions be made known to God through prayers and requests, with thanksgiving. This cookie, set by YouTube, registers a unique ID to store data on what videos from YouTube the user has seen.for nothing be anxious, but in everything by prayer, and by supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known unto God; Ye also helping together by prayer for us, that for the gift bestowed upon us by the means of many persons thanks may be given by many on our behalf.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment