276°
Posted 20 hours ago

KOM Cycling Indoor Media Display Desk Stand for Indoor Cycling- Perfect for displaying Zwift, Trainer Road, and Wahoo Suf Portable Tripod Bike Desk Display

£0.5£1Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Ultimately, if you follow the three bears model, it works just fine at a reasonable leg-spread distribution: Indoor cycling sessions can be a great way to keep training when you can't get out. But with nowhere to put your stuff, set-up can feel a bit of a faff. The last thing you want to do once you’re on the bike and in your flow is get off! Enter The Planet X trainer table - this piece of kit will upgrade your indoor training experience. While we’ve technically assembled the unit by now, we’ll adjust the height and leg distribution. For the height, it goes from crazy short (34”/86cm) to far higher than I need (50”/127cm). All assuming normal leg spread. This enables me to use it on a variety of bike applications without problems:

Or even What are the Top 10 affordable (best budget, best cheap, or even best expensive!!!) Laptop Stands For Bike Trainers available? Etc. It’s height adjustable range is 850-1200mm, there’s built in recesses for all your tech and water bottles, and the non-slip desktop surface will accommodate your laptop easily and securely. You can technically choose whether to screw it towards the front or the rear of the desk. The ‘front’ of the desk is the one with the water bottle holders.

LifeLine TT-02 Thru Axle Adaptor

Wahoo Desk has better and silkier wheels than RAD/Lifeline, which a professional rollerblader might notice. Didn’t matter to me. Pedal-based power meters are easy to swap between bikes, but you might need to get used to a different cleat system.

Whether you’re Zwifting on your laptop, watching a film or chatting online this sturdy piece of kit is the perfect ergonomic accompaniment helping you to maintain cadence and concentration or just make your pain cave sessions a bit more bearable. TrainerRoad’s big selling point is the in-depth detail it provides, along with the huge range of tailored programmes it offers. Guided via virtual control of your smart trainer paired with a clean graphical interface, you can set your goal, and with enough time and effort, watch your progress improve session by session.And finally, there’s a tablet slot towards the front. This allows you to slide a tablet or phone in there, and it keeps it upright: The first thing you’ll want to do is adjust the height of the desk. You’ll simply press the two blue buttons and then push/pull to adjust to where you want it. Onto the tabletop itself, you’ve got the non-slip rubberized surface there, so things won’t slide off: As I said, I’ve been using both side by side for quite a while now, and probably even use the RAD/Lifeline desk more since it’s in the position closest to the wall (which is what I consider my primary trainer spot).

With that in mind, here are our favourite turbo training accessories to get your pain cave looking snazzy. Must-have turbo training accessories In general, at a high level, you probably wouldn’t notice the difference between them. But, you don’t come here for high-level differences. Here’s the nuances: However, off to the side works great too – especially for some smart bikes. For example, on my Peloton bikes, the off to the side spot makes a great space to stash things, since the Peloton bike itself only has two water bottle holders and no other places for phones or small potted plants:An anti-bacterial substance, chamois cream is designed to eliminate friction between your skin and your clothing, hopefully preventing those dreaded saddle sores and, even worse, potential infections. Now, I could have bar taped the entire length, but I simply just did a few loops around the relevant sections for the different mount types: Only have cardboard on hand? No problem! You can build a laptop stand by simply cutting it up following the instructions from this tutorial. Finally, note that there’s no power in it. In my case, I just have a longer USB-C cord and longer Apple Lightning cord nearby that I can drag up there if I need to charge things. The SARIS TD-1 desk does have two USB ports and two AC outlets, super handy. In fact, it’s also sitting in my cave. Expect a review of that in a few weeks.

The nature of riding on a turbo means you are likely to be rooted to your saddle, pedalling harder than your usual ride outdoors, producing more sweat, increasing the chance of those sores forming. Wahoo’s frame base is definitely prettier being rounded surfaces versus the squared look of the RAD/Lifeline. Not sure if anyone would notice unless I said something. Most riders swear by one or multiple fans to keep body and room temperatures at a comfortable level, with the welcome side effect of making the whole experience feel a lot more like regular bike riding. I’m often testing a multitude of devices on the bike at once, usually just due to the limited time I have to try and gather data across the 4-5 products I might have in the queue for the bike alone. One of the reasons I do a lot of testing on the trainer is because it’s one of the easiest places to discover and learn a new bike computer, app or device. Inaccuracies become easily apparent in a highly controlled environment, and are also easy to document photographically.Of course, as an adult, you’ve undoubtedly used a tripod in your life. And as a human with such life experiences you’d know that while you can make the leg floor surface area small, it makes the entire setup tipsy. Inversely, you can splay out like ‘that dude’ in the economy airline seat, but that’ll take up more room and make it easy to trip over. Lather some chamois cream on to your undercarriage and you may just protect yourself from some pretty unsavoury injuries. Recommended chamois cream: Assos chamois cream Laptops can be costly due to the convenience of their portability. Since there is limited space for components, laptops don’t have the extensive cooling capabilities that desktop computers do. Be sure to protect your investment by buying a quality laptop cooling pad. It’ll ensure the longevity of your computer. Note: There are a slew of mic stands out there, I selected this one primarily because it had a heavy round base that wasn’t shaped like a tripod – but was still small. I figured the tripod style ones would be easy to trip over.) Certainly, it’s not as heavy-duty or tip-proof as the other options out there. So if you’ve frequently got small children poking at your setup (or curious climbing pets), you might want to consider splaying the legs out a bit more for more stability. But I didn’t have any problems with that, or with myself bumbling into it. As for the build material, again, it’s not overkill, but it doesn’t seem cheap either. It seems right-sized for the price and what you’re using it for. Most of us won’t be riding the trainer desk, but rather, the bike.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment