276°
Posted 20 hours ago

WE GET BY

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Man of the matches ... Jamie Webster at a Liverpool fans meet and greet event in Boston last year. Photograph: John Powell/Liverpool FC/Getty Images

Webster has also been able to perform to crowds in places such as New Delhi, [13] and supported established Liverpool band Cast, but was disappointed at having to miss out on a Glastonbury Festival since it was postponed twice due to the COVID-19 pandemic. [14] The Liverpool Echo named Webster the 11th most-influential Merseysider in its 2020 Power List. [15] Lyrics from his song "Something's Gotta Give", "How can you tell me that this is where it's at / When all the clowns are calling the shots?", have been quoted on social media with people using the song to channel their frustration at politicians. [16] I’m not going to comment on the antisemitism claims around Jeremy Corbyn. What’s definite is how he got so many young people onside. For the first time in my generation, a leader was speaking the truth. I’m sure Starmer is a nice guy, but as a Labour leader representing young people having to live through this shitshow of a government, he’s just not taking any fight to the Tories.” Jamie Webster secures No.1 in inaugural Official Folk Albums Chart | Talent". Music Week . Retrieved 23 July 2021. You mentioned ‘Lovers In The Supermarket’. Did anyone in particular inspire the old lovers you sing about in that song?Emilia Bona (9 August 2020). "100 of the most influential people in the whole of Merseyside". Liverpool Echo . Retrieved 23 July 2021. The first song on the album is Down The Road, it gives you a clear impression of the style of music that Webster is going to grace the listener with through this album. A northern familiarity is felt where his accent is seeping through creating comfort in the music.

Jamie Webster interview: "I'm really just trying to do my thing and make my way" ". CelebMix. 10 July 2020 . Retrieved 23 July 2021. The next song and a personal favourite of mine is Living for Yesterday which is already one of Webster’s singles. It has an acoustic start with a slow tempo which takes a complete turn when an unsuspecting tempo change hits the listener taking away a sense of predictability that might be expected from this genre of music. With a chorus that is almost certainly going to be heard ringing around stadiums in the future, this catchy single ends perfectly by returning to the acoustic melodies heard at the beginning. A former electrician who initially sang cover versions in local pubs in Liverpool city centre. [1] [2] In October 2020, his debut album We Get By, released on Modern Sky UK, reached a peak of number 6 on the UK Albums Chart, [3] and he became the inaugural number-one artist in the newly formed UK Official Folk Album Charts, ahead of Laura Marling, Kate Rusby, and Levellers. Also in October 2020, Boss, a live album of Webster singing football songs, charted in the folk chart top 10. [4] [5] I’m proud I’ve done this myself, that I’ve not had anyone in the industry do it for me. I’m confident I’d clean up if I did. Relativity is a key strength in Webster’s armoury and this number showcases that sentiment for all to see.

Recommendations

Billy Bragg invites Yard Act, Jame Webster to Glastonbury's Left Field Stage | Live4ever Media". 3 May 2022 . Retrieved 3 May 2022. Down The Road’ is a surefire hit with a guitar pop sheen and ‘Living For Yesterday’ whips up an incisive, truthful dialogue about the tribulations of the labouring class, as Webster exhales chants like: “Spare a thought for the working man, has he got a say?” Jamie Webster tops the first Official Folk Albums Chart". officialcharts.com . Retrieved 23 July 2021. Me and my fiancée, Rachel, have a thing about old couples when we’re out. We go: ‘That’ll be us when we’re older.’ Just when I was struggling for lyrics for that song, Rachel texted me a photo of a couple sharing a basket in Tesco.

a b "we get by | full Official Chart History | Official Charts Company". officialcharts.com . Retrieved 23 July 2021. Jamie Webster is recalling the moment he became the first artist to top the newly created Official Folk Album Chart with his debut LP, We Get By. “I was stunned”, says the Liverpool musician. “To hold off Laura Marling? She’s miles ahead of me in her career. I bet most people in the chart looked at it and went: ‘Who is Jamie Webster?’” Jamie Webster interview: On Liverpool and how 'Allez, Allez, Allez' changed his life". inews.co.uk. 16 April 2019 . Retrieved 23 July 2021. Our would-be everyman’s also astute enough to understand that the whole thing is rigged against the common man, beginning a song cycle with the words of Living For Yesterday’s man-trap of avaricious consumerism, before offering the hedonism of Weekend In Paradise as the escape route from downpours, debt and drudgery. Jamie Webster's crazy rise from electrician to working class hero". Liverpool Echo. 7 June 2020 . Retrieved 23 July 2021.

For Sale on Discogs

Curran, Shaun (29 October 2020). " 'Who is Jamie Webster?': the Liverpool hero who topped the first folk chart | Folk music". The Guardian . Retrieved 23 July 2021. After the success ofJamie Webster’s debut album, We Get By, which landed a UK Official Albums Chart Top Ten berth, he releases his follow-up, Moments. One which will be destined for similar success, Moments is an exuberant listen from beginning to end. If people in the industry did amplify my message, I know the working-class population would get behind me if they heard my songs. More people would believe they could change their circumstances, and that’s important.” Why do you think the industry is slow to support working class success stories like you, The Lottery Winners, The Reytons and Louis Dunford?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment