276°
Posted 20 hours ago

UKIYO Japanese Blossom Gin, 40%, 70 cl

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In Japan, there’s a fleeting period during spring when the sakura (cherry) blossoms are in full bloom. In a tradition known as ‘Hanami’ the people head out to celebrate the cascading of these blooms and the change of season.

Producing a good cask-aged Gin is no mean feat, with so much risk and uncertainty, the distiller has to be at the top of their game, but the results are often most rewarding. THE JUDGING CRITERIA I ginnen finder vi enebær og mandariner samt en række hemmelige krydderier. Til sidst infuseres ginnen med friske kirsebærblomster, og det giver en skøn floral karakter til smagen og eftersmagen. Ukiyo Japanese Blossom Gin - Gin & Tonic Ginnen fra Ukiyo er baseret på den særlige japanske alkohol, shōchū, der er lavet på ris. Ved at bruge denne type alkohol er resultatet en mild base, der virkelig giver plads til de forskellige botanicals. Gins will be judged with a pre-determined tonic expertly chosen by The Gin To My Tonic. THE JUDGING CRITERIATo qualify for this category, the gin must not have any flavour, maceration or botanicals added post distillation. THE JUDGING CRITERIA

Både Ukiyo Blossom Gin og Ukiyo Yuzu Gin er lavet på en base af de fineste byg, der først destilleres i en traditionel japansk gryde med shōchū -spiritus (Japansk destillator). Denne shōchū -spiritus gendestilleres så i en traditionel Potstill stadig med enebær og mandarin før den infuseres med den skønne smag af Kirsebærblomst. The gins were crafted on Japan’s Kyushu Island, with locally sourced grains distilled into shōchū. The shōchū is then infused with botanicals including juniper, mandarin and spices. Old Tom is a slightly sweetened style of gin made famous in the 18th Century, usually sweetened with either Sugar or Honey. To qualify your product must be marketed / branded as an Old Tom Gin and cannot simply contain Sugar or Honey. THE JUDGING CRITERIA Do not adjust your screens. This may look like an expensive cologne bottle, but rest assured, it contains some of the smoothest gin we’ve ever tasted. Fashion photographer Mert Alas dedicated four years to concocting the perfect blend to get the party started, and for that, we’re eternally grateful. The UK gin market has exploded in recent years with hundreds of distilleries opening in the past two years across the country. As part of our continued endeavours we are keen to nurture growth, promote talent, encourage innovation and raise awareness of fantastic small batch craft distillers, and as such we will be rewarding one distillery with a year's worth of marketing and event support in 2024 (all costs covered).Gin and vodka are exceptionally popular categories in New Zealand, with the gin market expected to grow annually by 11.09% and the vodka market expected to grow annually by 9.94% (CAGR 2022-2025), according to Statista.” Destilleriet holder til i det sydlige Japan, og blomsterne bliver plukket lokalt i områdets unikke natur. Innovative bottle designs and labelling give the distillers a leading edge so you can expect some incredible examples to make the shortlist in this category. With an abundance of choice when it comes to flavourings, expect some unique and inspiring entries in this category.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment