276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Nen and the Lonely Fisherman

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

So, Nen ventures to the forbidden world above and it is here that he meets Ernest, a lonely fisherman.

Yesterday a parent came over to tell me how impressed she was by the book fair and that you did a fabulous job of selling the books to the children first. The match feels pre-destined: both Nen and Ernest are kind and caring but lonely, looking for their soulmate. There needs to be a copy in all schools, I have already bought extra copies for gifts and classrooms. He still teaches part time at a local school and especially enjoys sharing picture books, poetry and creative writing activities with the children he teaches. This is a nice story about lots of things – friendship, love, hope and caring for our world and the people in it.He causes a terrible tempest, during which Ernest's little boat is capsized and Ernest falls into the tumultuous waves of the sea.

I think I was also writing for the little boy who felt different and never saw himself in fairy tales and the gay teenager who was bullied and felt alone.Winner of the inaugural Polari Children’s and YA Prize 2022, praised for being “important and radical”. Spelling Seeds have been designed to complement Writing Roots by providing weekly, contextualised sequences of sessions for the teaching of spelling that include open-ended investigations and opportunities to practise and apply within meaningful and purposeful contexts, linked (where relevant) to other areas of the curriculum and a suggestion of how to extend the investigation into home learning. When one night he hears Nen’s song, he sets off in his rickety boat to discover the source of the magical voice, and the pair strike up an affectionate relationship. In an era of much digitalised techniques, Mayhew's more traditional renderings create a highly individualistic style is immediately identifiable and filled with such warmth and love. With authors and illustrators from all walks of life - diversity is the driving ethos within this publisher.

We love Nen and the Lonely Fisherman so much that we also interviewed the illustrator, James Mayhew. We definitely feel a deep sense of responsibility towards our readers and are so thrilled the book has been so warmly received. This wonderful paperback is a celebration of love and acceptance, a lyrical journey with a gentle message about how we should treat others and our planet.Beautiful words from Ian Eagleton and stunning illustrations by James Mayhew to tell this story of love and happiness.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment