276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Upgraded LOXJIE D30 Audio DAC&Headphone AMP, ES9068AS Chip, XMOS, DSD512, Bluetooth 5.0, APT-X HD, Multiple PCM Formats Digital Filters, JAS Hi-Res Certification, w Remote Control

£129.995£259.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

One of the biggest advantages of the EX5 over the D30 though is the ability to create an overall more layered soundstage. Although the directionality of the images formed within the soundstage are generally similar, the layering is more pronounced and the depth is more noticeable. With a neutral-sounding signature, the Topping DX3 Pro+ is a good entry point for budget-conscious audiophiles who want a taste of a well-implemented ESS chip and a substantial 1.8W headphone power output. Topping DX3 Pro+ Technical Specifications

Loxjie D30 Review - Headfonia Reviews

From a decent headphone collection, D30 worked only with dynamic headphones. It didn’t have any issues driving desktop headphones as Kennerton Magni and Gjallarhorn, it worked absolutely fantastic with Fostex TH-909 that were reviewed few days ago. I never went past 35 volume position out of a maximum of 60. It worked nice with Erzetich Mania and decent enough with those huge Erzetich Phobos planar magnetic headphones. In all fairness, Phobos was the only planar headphone that worked decent with D30 at about 45 volume position. Any Quad, Hifiman, Audeze and Kennerton planar-magnetic headphones were unsatisfactory on the little D30. I was maxed out and headphone drivers started breaking up, offering a lot of distortion in the process. At close to maximum volume, D30 starts clipping and distorting, up to 50 to maximum 55 volume position everything seems to be controlled and clean sounding, but past that position, distortion makes its appearance and will surely ruin your listening pleasure. Although there is a headphone amplifier section on the D30, there isn’t an option to bypass the internal DAC on the D30. Aside from the headphone output, the D30 also has an option for single-ended outputs available at the rear. Controls My initial impressions of Loxjie as a brand were on the fence when I saw their pyramidic D10 coated in either vivid red or deep blue. However, the D40 appears to have undergone a more sober development and is easier for me to appreciate aesthetically.Most amplifiers of late strive to adhere to a very strict standard of neutrality, however, the A30 goes against the grain by injecting some coloration into the music. Both are also capable of decoding 32bit/768kHz PCM and DSD512. However, the SU-8s features a pair of 3-pin balanced XLR outputs with a superior THD+N rating at 0.00009%.

Loxjie A30 (ES9023) vs Loxjie D30 (AK4493) DAC | Audio Loxjie A30 (ES9023) vs Loxjie D30 (AK4493) DAC | Audio

Sound-wise, the D40 is an impressive wireless unit with a performance that is very close to the USB connection. When my phone is kept near, the sonic capabilities of the unit’s DAC and amplifier are put to good use, and only when I was moving around some obstacles does some soft rustling sound creeps in. MQA The colored LCD screen will display all the necessary information and navigation through the menus is easy to do. DACs: Loxjie D30, Audiobyte HydraVox + HydraZap, Matrix Audio Element X, Mini-i Pro 3, Soncoz SGD1, Aune Audio S8, Burson Conductor 3X Performance, Flux Lab Acoustics FCN-10

Although both DACs have an aluminum chassis, the grey finished D30 has a softer aesthetic compared to the SU-8s. When lifting both DACs the SH-8s is the heavier of the 2, maybe because it’s wider to accommodate the pair of balanced XLR outputs.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment