276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Finding Audrey

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The story is about a girl named Audrey who is suffering from a mental illness due to some incident in her school. Below us, on the front lawn, Frank is scampering about in his Big Bang Theory T-shirt, clutching his head and gibbering with panic. I can feel my heart pumping, but whether it’s because of the noise or the people or because I’m with a hot-looking boy, I don’t know. When I was 14, I was bullied and had a really rough time in high school, so much so that I couldn't go to school, or even leave my own house (all of which happens to Audrey). I also loved that Audrey's treatment was a central theme of the story, and although I'm always unhappy to see YA books demonize the use of medication to treat mental illness, this novel left a strong enough positive message that I can accept it.

The trouble is, depression doesn't come with handy symptoms like spots and a temperature, so you don't realize it at first. I think the reason she was hiding behind the dark glasses was justified and I liked that part about her. I loved how this novel was also centred around family; parents and siblings and the bonds and fights they all share.

Ollie sometimes plays Land of Conquerors online with Frank if Frank’s in a kind mood and doesn’t have anyone else to play with. and commence the crazy acts, from finding inventive ways to get around the ban from playing, to restoring to the most extreme actions, like his mom throwing a €1,100 laptop out the window to finally get her son's attention (This isn't the spoiler, the book opens up with this exact scene).

I'm absolutely terrified of speaking to strangers through my mic, even people who i've known for years and years. I really liked Linus,I loved the messages he wrote with Aubrey they were cute and I like that he helped Audrey to overcome her anxiety. there are little hints here and there and names mentioned, but no specific details are given, which just leaves you to use your imagination. As someone who has dealt with anxiety and depression for most of my life, I can happily say this book contains an accurate depiction.And i've actually never done it in the 10 years i've played WoW (which is very similar to the game in the book).

I loved Audrey’s take on her mother’s addiction to The Daily Mail, and the way this book made me laugh! Least of all Ollie, who I’m pretty sure has a tiny crush on me, even though he’s two years younger than me and barely reaches up to my chest.My dad is tall and handsome in a car advert way, and he looks like the boss, but inside, he isn’t really an alpha male. I had some bad episodes, yes, and I had some minor setbacks, but I wasn't going to let that stop me.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment