276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Lovely By SJP EDP Spray For Women-Classically Charming, Ultra-Glamorous Scent-Silky White Amber Fragrance With Powdery, Intimate Notes-Citrus, Lavender, And Musk 100 ml

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

According to Sarah, the perfume is appropriate for all generations: "from 17 to 107." The fragrance was created by Laurent Le Guernec and Clement Gavarry in 2005 with Sarah herself being the creative director, actively participating in the process from its start to finish. It smells as I remember - soft, inviting, cozy, elegant. It's like the gray cashmere sweater of fragrances. To some, it might seem boring. But to me it's classic, timeless, and versatile, and works in most situations: at home, brunch with friends, a casual dinner out with my husband, running errands. It's also a great office fragrance.

The dress is famous, this may have been the dress she wore in the original marketing for Sex and the City. I ended up liking this, but I did not experience what most other people seem to experience! (The whole "lavender/bergamot/martini/orange" thing? I didn't get any of that. At ALL. Which, as it turned out, was fine in the end.) I have certainly smelled Lovely countless times on women over the past 15 years, so it has an inset familiarity to me. First spritz is very floral, honestly like a rose even though that’s not listed in the notes, with a splash of citrus. It doesn’t smell super distinctly like any one fruit to me though. The lavender is more of the dryer-sheet variety than dried-herb, certainly nothing barbershop, and quite subtle for being a major note here. Then it dries down into a wonderful resinous musk. I don’t get a ton of woodiness or even the patchouli. But, I’ve read that Lovely is very dependent on your skin chemistry and nose—some say it’s linear which hasn’t been my experience at all, some say it’s masculine, etc. This doesn’t project far, but is smellable to others in close range. It lasts through the workday. I immediately see her wearing the tulle ballerina tutu like dress that was just a puff of soft ballet pink. Cole, Bethan (November 4, 2011). "Are they not fragrant?". Financial Times. Archived from the original on May 8, 2018 . Retrieved May 7, 2018.I see this one as one of THE best celebrity perfumes EVER! And not because it is a very close copy of Narcisco Rodriguez, just softer, but because it is very outstanding! Outstanding from the hundreds of other celebrity fragrances which are always described as sexy, for confident woman, statement and in fact they are most of the time nothing of all that! This in contrary is not a mainstream celebrity fume. Amazing blend of musk, lavender and patchouli! Orchid and martini accord just makes this perfection even more perfect.

Everything about this fragrance is in absolute harmony: tha name, the bottle, the advertising!!! And the price is a great harmony for our wallet. For this price i can bath in it, but i don´t have to. At first spray, you get a soft focus Monet painting/watercolor type - (no harsh edges) impressionistic floral composition. This is pretty from the git to, you are not having to wait an hour through an aldehyde bomb start - where it finally fades into something that is wearable. This wears well from the beginning. This is a well blended chord without any seams or noticeable notes calling attention to themselves. The composition is lady-like, non-obtrusive, soft - doesn't call attention to itself -- but is highly PUT TOGETHER.These are different, but there is a similar DNA in the drydowns. BL is a much lighter wearing experience, and more fruity-floral forward, while Lovely (OG) has the prominent lavender note. As they dry down, however they become more and more similar. Lovely (OG) outperforms. This is more of a linear perfume, it doesn't transition or morph into different fragrance notes during the transitions from first spray to final dry down. The benefit of linear, this is a great fragrance for layering other perfumes that need just a little bit of oomph - or the added note of musk. Oh my goodness, how enjoyable is this (if this profile is your type)! This Cinderella. When you splurge on something ‘exclusive’ you treat wearing that as a special event to be remembered forever. You don’t expect much from budget and can be wrong about it. Pricing skews perception a lot. But this is telling me that the best things in life can be free - or near free as Lovely is. What’s even more surprising than the quality of the scent is its staying power. I don’t think ‘you get what you pay for’ applies in this case.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment