276°
Posted 20 hours ago

sE4400a Large Diaphragm Multi Pattern Condenser Microphone

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Grundsätzlich gefällt mir das AKG bei Heidruns Stimme besser, bei Sebastian werden mir die Höhen etwas zu fissilig. The 4400a is the latest in a lineage of mics started 6 years ago with our sE2200a. Based on the same capsule tuning, but with a dual capsule to give multi polar pattern function, this mic is a rarity… a true all-rounder.

Insgesamt klingt das Baby Bottle deutlich erwachsener als das Bluebird, kein schlechter Einstieg in den Test. AKG C 214 Bisher stellt sich das TLM 102 als stimmigstes Produkt im Test dar und es ist mit 533,- Euro Anschaffungspreis inklusive der wertigen Spinne ein echtes Schnäppchen. Audix SCX25A

Blue Baby Bottle

Build quality and self-noise are both premium here. The microphone feels good in the hand and should last a while, even with heavy use. Self-noise is limited, making for an excellent sonic listening and recording experience. Because the sE 4400a seems to have more then a little of what it takes to enter the category of studio classics, and favourites. Die Frage, ob das C 214 nun einfach ein C 414 ist, bei dem eine Kapsel weggelassen wurde, möchte ich mit „nein“ beantworten. Das C 214 ist ein eigenständiges Mikrofon, das durchaus die Klangästhetik der Doppelmembran mit übernimmt, diese aber in Auflösung und Durchsetzungsvermögen nicht ganz erreichen kann. Dafür kostet das C 214 gerade mal etwas mehr als ein Drittel des größeren Modells und liefert dafür ein mehr als respektables Ergebnis. sE Electronics sE 4400a

Unexpectedly I haven't found much use for them on cabs (guitar and bass), i was never too happy with them on a double bass and they are not my first choice for classical guitars and brass instruments. The need to improve energy efficiency has led to the development of switch-mode operated amplifiers in many areas. Gradually this technology has matured also for demanding audio power amplifiers and Genelec have chosen to design their own Class D amplifier technology. The M series utilises these high efficiency, low distortion amplifiers in both channels.

The recently released one-inch dual-diaphragm, multi-pattern sE Electronics 4400A was developed – without Mr. Neve’s involvement – as a mid-level all-rounder suitable for professional or personal recording. According to sE, over a year was spent testing the mic in studios and with broadcasters before settling on the final capsule tuning. The supplied statistics of the finished product quote the boundaries of the 4400a’s frequency response as being 20Hz and 20kHz (no surprises there), with a maximum SPL of 130dB (at 0.5% THD) and a quiet 17dB equivalent noise level. During the test recording’s both pairs of microphones were set up in an ORTF formation, around one metre from the guitar, with the centre position close to the 12th fret. The mic’s were fed into a D.A.V. Electronics Broadhurst Gardens 2 pre amp, enabling identical gain setting for each mic. The output was then fed into the line inputs of a MOTU 1248 interface, recording into Logic X 24 bit at 88.2kHz. These were bounced out as dithered 16bit, 44.1kHz stereo files. They have not been normalised so you may wish to turn the volume up a little. Der Einsprechkorb mit der 1″ Kapsel sitzt auf einem Korpus, der an ein Kleinmembran erinnert. Die Werte lesen sich hingegen recht unspektakulär, Schaltfunktionen werden keine angeboten.

If you're looking for a C414 clone....these aren't necessarily them. Yes, the physical design and feature set reminds you of that AKG. Recently, 414's have come across as a bit nasal and shrill in the high frequencies. I find when talking to other engineers, when the 414 is spoken of favorably it tends to be the older models, the famed version with brass in the capsule. The 4400's are DARK sounding, warm...not sharp at all, more like those earlier 414's. So i would say they actually out 414 the current 414's. Small size and a choice of polar patterns make this mid‑priced, large‑diaphragm mic a very versatile performer. I don´t know how they compare to the 414´s but the fact that they work that well on one of the most difficult instruments to record: Piano, speaks volumes.In fact, it has been suggested that this mic is named as it is because uses a twin pair of the capsules used in the older (and much loved for its' versatility) single pattern sE 2200a, an entirely differently and more conventionally shaped model. I would personally add that if sE thought of “cloning” something of the venerable AKG 414 in its' various versions (EB, ULS, B-TLII, XLS, etc), then it must have been cloning its' universality and ubiquity in studios around the world. Actually, the word would not be “cloning”, but rather... earning. On vocals, both male and female, this is a mic that will make you think less of you mic choice, and perhaps more of otherwise induced “colour” (the eq? The compressor? The preamp? Some tubes somewhere down the line?), or more importantly about the vocal and the singing itself. In meinem Vergleichstest des 4400a mit dem Bändchenmikrofon Voodoo VR1 aus dem gleichen Hause hat sich der Großmembraner vorwiegend als Allrounder hervor getan. Ich bin gespannt, wie sich das Mikro in einem reinen Gesangstest schlägt. Violet Design The Wedge Studiomikrofon First you have the padding setting which is a simple choice of -10dB, -20dB or no padding. This allows you to use this in a high SPL situation i.e. for micing up guitar amps, bass amps or inside the SPL heavy base drums.

Der Nahbesprecheffekt ist relativ gering, beide Varianten haben ihren Charme, hier sollte von Fall zu Fall entschieden werden. Das Audio-Technica zeigt, wieso es seit Jahren eine feste Größe in den Tonstudios ist. JZ Microphones BH-2m sure I prefer the Se´s when it comes to full mixes where the piano has to cut through. Basically the typical place where you would use a c414. The Austrian Audio OC18 is a high performance cardioid microphone that excels in classical guitar applications. Clean and detailed with fantastic frequency response, this microphone boasts gorgeous musicality and sounds incredibly premium. A frequency response of 20Hz‑20KHz is quoted. On its own, this means relatively little, but the frequency plot is somewhat more revealing and shows a nominally flat response, but with a gentle presence peak at around 10kHz. This type of response tends to produce a largely natural sound, but with an extra sense of clarity at the high end, making it suitable for a wide range of acoustic instruments from piano and acoustic guitars to drum overheads. The sensitivity of 14.1mV/pa‑34 (±1dB) puts the mic's output in the same ball‑park as most other similar studio mics, and although its equivalent noise level of 17dB (A-weighted) isn't outstandingly low, it is again pretty typical for this type of microphone, and certainly quiet enough for most studio tasks. A maximum SPL for 0.5 percent THD at 1kHz is quoted as 130dB, but I suspect that this is extended when the pads are switched in.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment