276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Mount Gay Barbados Golden Rum, XO Triple Cask Blend, 70cl

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The combination of subtle, elegant flavours combined with personality and slightly dry, spicy hints. These notes deliver a subtle hint of dark chocolate, a bit of tobacco leaf, toasted coconut, cinnamon, graphite, and cashews.

if one god exists and would ask me: take three rums with you to heaven, i think, one of them would be this! Much like the Jamaican and Demerara rum’s you get a very definite feel about these Bajan style rum’s. When I began exploring rums, Barbados Mount Gay XO was one of the first “sipping” rums I explored and studied.While an enjoyable sipper, this new incarnation of XO is a very different experience that demonstrates the creativity and skills of the blender in how they created this product with roughly the same components of the original rum.

Harmonisch schweben Holztöne und Karamellnoten zusammen mit tropischen Früchten und exotischen Blumen empor. An exciting addition to the Mount Gay collection, and the first in what will become an annual series from the Barbados distillery. After the liquid settles, the light astringency of the alcohol weaves with notes of fresh banana, Crème Brule, raisins, Ceylon tea, and toasted tobacco leaf. MGXO is smooth, complex rum which is definitely best enjoyed without cola (if you want a Bajan mixer Cockspur Fine Rum has no equal). In terms of my taste test I probably should have brought Cockspur 12 or even Doorly’s XO or Rum Sixty Six into the proceedings.Great smell, complexity of taste, smoothness, all qualities I appreciate in a good (top of the line) rum. Mount Gay Distilleries is the oldest operating distillery in the Americas - producing rum in Barbados since 1703. The rum is blended to 43% ABV using water from the estate’s well and bottled on the island for distribution.

Mount Gay has been closely linked to the world of sailing for decades, as symbolized by its red (often worn-out pink) logo-bearing hat.Fruits, caramel, woods and cocoa linger a bit longer after all, with three toast crumbs remaining at the end. Back in 1747, John Sober purchased the plantation and distillery that would come to be known as Mount Gay. Mount gay is a great addition to the collection if it is a decision between this or zacapa 23 (2 commonly available top shelves) take this.

The Mount Gay plantation was acquired by the businessman Aubrey Ward in the early part of the 20th century. Each cask will be different and the skill in making rum “uniform” comes in the shape of the master blender. Raisin, prunes and currants with a little banana and some tropical fruits a little pineapple perhaps.And I really don't understand why so many fellow travelers haven't noticed the the drop-off in quality.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment