276°
Posted 20 hours ago

"Focus" Questions and Answers

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Another clue in the competitors hinted at “rolling hills and honey-coloured stone”. This might only be a reference to the picturesque Cotswolds, which are famous for their idyllic countryside surroundings. One latest reply was the Lake District National Park in Cumbria, England. Known for its gorgeous lakes and mountains, the Lake District is a popular vacation spot for hikers and out of doors enthusiasts. The park is dwelling to England’s highest mountain, Scafell Pike, as well as the famous Lake Windermere. How do we bridge the gap between our different agendas? There are some obvious answers two and a half miles beyond the smaller city’s southern edge. All three are worth seeing, but not before a cottage 240 yards south southeast of the abbey. A benefactor (mother: Margaret) started life there. I’m also keen to visit the local library to read more about him. Built (at considerable expense) in the early 1880s, it was enlarged six years ago.

One of the finest ways to discover the UK is by taking a Sunday drive. There’s one thing special about hitting the open road on a lazy Sunday afternoon, with no specific vacation spot in mind. You can take your time, cease for a picnic or a pub lunch, and enjoy the surroundings alongside the way. Here are some of the finest Sunday drives in the UK, impressed by the Where Was I competitors. One of the latest thriller places featured in the competitors was the gorgeous coastal stroll from St Ives to Zennor in Cornwall. This stroll takes you alongside the South West Coast Path, which offers breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean and the rugged Cornish shoreline. The path is well-maintained and easy to comply with, making it appropriate for walkers of all skills. The Jurassic Coast – This gorgeous stretch of shoreline in southern England is famous for its dramatic cliffs, beautiful seashores, and fascinating geology. It’s a nice place to discover on foot and discover the pure wonders of this beautiful area.The Lake District – This gorgeous area of England is dwelling to some of the most beautiful surroundings in the nation. From the tranquil waters of Lake Windermere to the rugged peaks of Scafell Pike, there’s one thing for everybody in the Lake District. Well, I was excited anyway. But Friend’s patience was wearing thin. Now it’s worn out completely. I’m leading him — in the rain — to a tub-shaped natural bowl in the hills. Its name reflects its role as a place for raiders to hide stolen cattle. First up is Castle Combe, a village positioned in the Cotswolds. This charming village is also known as the “prettiest village in England” and it’s easy to see why. With its honey-coloured stone cottages, winding streets, and quaint outlets, Castle Combe appears like it’s straight out of a fairytale. It’s no surprise that it has been used as a filming location for movies equivalent to War Horse and Stardust. And lastly, for these fascinated by modern art, the Baltic Centre for Contemporary Art in Gateshead is a should-visit. Located on the banks of the River Tyne, the Baltic is dwelling to some of the most exciting and revolutionary modern art in the UK. With a continually altering programme of exhibitions and occasions, there’s always one thing new to discover here.

But even when you don’t win the competitors, the clues themselves can provide inspiration for some exciting adventures to try in the UK. Here are a few concepts to get you started: One of the finest ways to expertise the magnificence of the Lake District is to go wild swimming in a single of its many lakes and tarns. The water could also be chilly, but the sense of freedom and connection with nature is unbeatable. My friend has always been forthright. Never more so than now — as he turns to me and says: “This place is boring. I’m done!” A firm line to take, for sure, but he’s wrong. Of course, not all of the places featured in the competitors are in the UK. Some are in far-flung corners of the world, like the tropical island of Bali or the rugged shoreline of New Zealand. But even these unique places have a certain attraction and attraction that makes them price exploring.If you’re looking for a more conventional seaside getaway, look no additional than Cornwall. With its rugged shoreline and charming fishing villages, it’s the perfect place to loosen up and unwind. Take a dip in the crystal-clear waters of St Ives Bay, or discover the picturesque streets of Padstow. And if you’re a foodie, be sure to pattern some of the area’s famous seafood. First up, we’ve the British Museum in London. With over 8 million objects in its assortment, the British Museum is one of the largest and most complete museums in the world. From historical Egyptian mummies to the Rosetta Stone, there’s one thing for everybody here. And the better part? Admission is free, so you can discover to your heart’s content material with out breaking the bank. Friend shoots me a sulphurous look — and sits down. Actually, I don’t blame him. I’ve brought him here on the slimmest of pretexts, telling him we’d visit a spa. But instead of hot tubs and saunas we’ve had a day of walks. You’ve over-egged the pudding!” he says, banging the bronze, table-like stand at which we loiter. “You’ve been telling me this trip will be all about something yummy. And it’s not. It’s all about the history of something yummy. I can’t eat that, can I?”

Another nice coastal stroll in the UK is the Seven Sisters Cliffs in East Sussex. This stroll takes you alongside the chalk cliffs that overlook the English Channel, offering gorgeous views of the sea and the surrounding countryside. The path will be difficult in places, but the effort is well price it for the views alone. Of course, there are loads of different ways to discover hidden gems and off-the-overwhelmed-path places. You might try speaking to locals, exploring on foot, and even simply getting lost and seeing the place the road takes you. But there’s one thing special about the Sunday Times Where Was I competitors that makes it a unique and exciting way to discover the world. It’s hardly an “afternoon of heat”, but I am seeking, as is my wont, something that isn’t there. Motoring north-northwest, I pass near the home of a golfer (born 1869) who, as an amateur, won the Open twice. Three miles further along the road, I pass close to an 18th-century house. It took many years to complete, the task being accomplished by a governor-general of Bengal (thus appointed in 1772).

The Isle of Skye – This rugged island off the west coast of Scotland is a paradise for hikers and nature lovers. With its dramatic landscapes, gorgeous shoreline, and plentiful wildlife, the Isle of Skye is a should-visit vacation spot for anyone who loves the nice open air.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment