276°
Posted 20 hours ago

NARS Satin Lipstick - Honolulu Honey (Beige) 0.12oz (3.4g)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Guy bourdin waS onE of ThE phoToGraphErS who rEaLLy infLuEncEd mE To bEcomE a makEup arTiST, and i fELT ThaT hE dESErVEd To bE GiVEn crEdiT for ThaT. François Nars EVANGELISTA: I can only do Honolulu Honey. [ sings] Honey, where’d you get those eyes? [ both laugh] I love my Honolulu Honey. NARS: Well, the only thing I can tell you is that I was obsessive. Today, it’s all about postproduction, though, which is a bit sad to me because I come from an era where there was not as much retouching. There were mirrors—we learned about mirrors. But a good photographer and a good makeup artist could not rely on retouching. It’s very funny because I was talking with Bruce Weber the other day, and he said to me, “Do you believe that everything is so computerized? I’m still shooting film; I never went to digital.” EVANGELISTA: Did you love working with him during the era when you worked with him, or did you wish you could’ve worked with him in another time?

NARS: You were actually there. I think it was on that shoot in Miami with Steven for Italian Vogue. NARS: They’re from that little camera I used to use—tiny tapes, like cassettes . . . What were they called? V8? No, that’s a drink. [ both laugh] Hi8? In any case, I’ve kept them buried in a box in a dry place. I know Steven is also dying to see them again.answered already. Comments alerting us to typos or small errors in the post are appreciated (!) but

NARS: Other people have tried very hard, but I think I’ve still got the best names. There’s nothing you can do, so you have to take it as flattery. NARS: Well, now it’s getting quite big. We create a lot of products. After almost 20 years, you also have to be sure that you don’t recreate something that you’ve done already.

NARS: And that’s how I believe we became better and better—me for makeup; you in front of the camera. The more you work and the more you start being molded by the photographer- and by the hair, by the makeup, and discovering new angles, new makeup, and all that—that’s how you built up into being who you are today. But that, to me, is completely gone. I mean, which girl today do you see growing and transforming herself into an icon? There are not many.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment