276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Last Letter from Your Lover: Now a major motion picture starring Felicity Jones and Shailene Woodley

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

After surviving a collision, Jennifer Stirling (Shailene Woodley), a socialite wedded to a distinguished English diplomat (Joe Alwyn), loses her memory. Jenny’s frazzled by her husband’s stuffy demeanor — is she supposed to be in love with this man? — yet everyone insists she used to lead a charmed existence. Skeptical, Jenny sets out to uncover the mystery of her own life, unearthing a P.O. Box and a collection of love letters hidden away in her husband’s study. Shailene Woodley as Jennifer Stirling, a socialite in the 1960s who has a perfect life, Laurence's wife, Anthony's lover Fans are wondering if the film adaptation will feature the same ending as the book version. The Last Letter from Your Lover ending explained in this article and cast revealed. In the mid-1960s, wealthy socialite Jennifer Stirling suffers from memory loss after a car crash. Unable to remember much of her life before or connect with her husband Laurence, Jennifer is intrigued by a letter she finds between "J" and "Boot". She decides to try and remember what happened to her by following clues from the letter. And most of all, when everything seems to get better for the couple and for the little girl’s health, the author decides to have them live the most horrible ordeal by killing Ella’s second kid in an accident. WHY? What’s the point of this? Didn’t they suffer enough? It’s a gratuitous death and that made me rage (after I finished crying my eyes out).

It's 2003, and Ellie Haworth's (Jones) career as a newspaper writer has hit a plateau. To make matters worse, she's in love with a married man, who has vowed to leave his wife but hasn't. While helping organise her newspaper's archives, she unearths a love letter from 1960 signed by a person named "B" (Turner). In the letter, B declares his love for a mystery woman and pleads for her to meet him at Paddington station to start a new life together. Moved (and hoping to get a juicy news story out of it), Ellie and her new friend Rory (Rizwan) set out to piece together this romantic love story.The writing? It’s off-the-charts powerful. I was so in awe with this author’s superb storytelling. Rebecca Yarros has set the bar so high for military romance that you’d be hard-pressed to find another writer who gives you a bird’s eye view of the battlefield, the aftermath of war, the employment of courage and sacrifice, the fragility of friends and family, and what it truly means to love a soldier. Yarros pulls out all the emotional stops—delivering big time in a DEVASTATINGLY BEAUTIFUL BOOK that shows the bravery among the broken. I can't recall the last time I wanted to DNF a book so late in the game, but I couldn't put it down because I was too freaking invested. There was a sad reality to the guilt, the regret, and the requirement to push through. I'm not sure I was willing or even ready to face the guaranteed heartbreak I was sure to receive. But I can't lie and say that the place that Rebecca came from, and the story that she gave me? That is why I read the heavy stuff. That is why I like the deep reads. The intricacies in the story, the love that is unwavering, the pain that is indiscriminate....it was all dished up with a healthy dose of reality. I was so used to her taking on a timely topic....assisted suicide in "Me Before You:, the theft of art etc by the Nazi's in "The Girl You Left Behind" and I thought, eh, just a light love story. But the more I thought of this book the more I realized she was making a statement....how sad it is that we communicate so much in the "social/techno field"?Do we even talk or communicate our true thoughts and feelings any more? When did you last receive a letter in the mail....one that had meaning? Was it perhaps when you were younger? Was it maybe the "last letter from your lover?" What are we missing today?

To have someone out there who understands you, desires you, who sees you as a better version of yourself, is the most astonishing gift.

In this book my heart was always on Maisie & Colt. Innocent, sweet, so lovable, and so deserving of a full life and loads of love.

A beautiful, heartfelt story with surprising depth. Grab tissues and settle in for the long haul because you won't be able to put this one down, and I guarantee you'll finish it crying. But please don't let that stop you from reading this beautifully written, emotionally charged story that now sits on my Favorites Shelf. It's truly an experience - a deeply rooted, character-based story that pushed all my buttons. The title, The Last Letter, is woven into the storyline in more ways than one. I found myself sitting long after I finished - thinking about this story and its relevance. Please avoid all spoilers and read this book. I don't think it'll be the same if you know how the story plays out when you begin. Brilliant, evocative, and tragic (but not without redemption), The Last Letter from Your Lover is as good as Moyes' Me Before You. I started sobbing 90 percent in and haven't yet stopped. I'm a bloody mess; rarely does a book offer such catharsis. The film is set to release internationally on Netflix on 23rd July 2021. However, as Netflix does not have the UK rights to the film, the film will be released in UK and Ireland on 6th August 2021 by Studio Canal in theatres. In Scandanavia the film will release on 30th July 2021 by distributor ‘SVENSK’.

I think there's a lot of good stuff here, but the book needs some work to achieve its full potential. I'm sitting on the couch, letting the tears fall down my cheeks untouched. Why stop them when more will come? Lang, Brent (28 October 2019). "Netflix Buys Felicity Jones, Shailene Woodley Drama 'The Last Letter From Your Lover' (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety . Retrieved 24 July 2021.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment