276°
Posted 20 hours ago

PuttOUT Devil Ball Face Angle Trainer - Perfect Your Putting

£124.5£249.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

With three levels of difficulty built into each ball - Beginner, Intermediate & Pro - Devil Ball is suitable for golfers with all levels of experience.

I performed this sequence several times and the results I have are the averages from all of the completed runs through the test. I had a small meltdown with my putting confidence mid season this year, you can read that thread here. For this test I pulled up my Shot Scope data to get some helpful information around my putting. Overall, putting is usually my strongest area of the game. I have solid pace control and make most everything from 4 feet and in, but the biggest area I struggle is making those mid-range, 10 to 20 foot putts. Of course, these are not going to be made at a super high rate, but as the stats below show it is a problem. Now on the anecdotal side it feels like I struggle to start the ball on line for these longer putts. On the short putts you obviously get a bit more tolerance before you miss so I think it just needs to be tightened up to give myself more of a chance to hole putts of this length.Next, it offers alignment practicing opportunities. With the simple and effective alignment design, you can train your eyes and, hopefully, improve your putting. Or, at the very least, increase your consistency by starting your putt on the intended target line.

Hey Everyone! My name is Jordan and I, like all of you, are masochists when it comes to the game we all love and hate at the same time haha!Putts from 3-5ft are twice as hard with Devil Ball compared to a regular spherical golf ball. Train hard. Play easy This is also a training aid that can live in your golf bag, if you prefer to practice outdoors. Making a few putts with the Devil Ball should give you immense confidence when you step onto the first green. If I'm doing this pre-round, I transition to a traditional ball and start lagging putts. At home in the lab(on my birdie ball mat) I tested my make percentage before and after practicing with the Devil Ball from the following lengths: You do have the option of dialing down the difficulty slightly. Those numbers above reflect striking a putt on the flat side of the Devil Ball. If you strike the round side (above), the Devil Ball is closer to a normal ball.

My initial impression of the Putt Out Devil ball has remained consistent throughout testing. This is one training aid that will definitely bring you down to earth if you think you’re a decent putter. Prior to testing this, I considered my putting ability to be the weakest part of my game. I’m not going to lie, I definitely lost confidence after the first 150 putts (50 with each difficulty level) with the Devil Ball. Even though the majority of putts with the Devil Ball were all over the place, slowly but surely I started to regain confidence in my stroke. It all boils down to how determined you are to improve your putting. This training aid will definitely test your patience but if you persevere through the rough patches, I believe you’ll be better off in the long run. There is a lot of cool gear in the golf equipment world that doesn’t always fit neatly into Most Wanted Tests or Buyer’s Guides . You still want to know how it performs. In our We Tried It series, we put gear to the test and let you know if it works as advertised. If one of you got a par or better you would take the lower score first. For example a four and a six on a par 5 scores 46. If you are both above par, say on a par four, then you take the higher score is put first giving you 64. Let’s put some numbers to it. At three feet, you can comfortably make a putt with a normal ball with a face angle anywhere from two degrees open to two degrees closed. You can even lip in a putt with a face that’s up to five degrees from square. The Devil Ball, however, requires a face angle of one degree open or closed to comfortably make a three-footer. If your face angle hits two degrees open or closed, you’re likely to lip the putt out. The Devil Ball makes putting twice as hard as normal.

Introduction

Throughout the testing I have outlined my make rate with the Devil ball from 5 feet on hard, the setting that best worked for me given that shorter putts are a strong suit already. With steady practice I moved the needle from 20% make rate to 80% in my last session of 20 putts, and even had one of these. This is a level of improvement I was not expecting, and it was great to see to work pay off. With not too much time commitment. I rolled on average about 60 putts a week in about 30 minutes total. Something I think most people can find the time for if they are looking to improve their putting. Very interested to see my make/miss percentage after 3 months of practicing 3 days a week. I played 4 times last week in Vegas, and didn't see a difference in my putting stats whatsoever. It'll be a few more months before I can test this at a course I'm familiar with and with green speeds I'm used to.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment