276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Colour Edition)

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

First off, I'll admit that I love the movie. I grew up with it. (I'm talking about the Gene Wilder version, of course.)I'll even admit to liking the movie better than the book. Which is something that doesn't happen very often with me.

However, as I said before, this is still a great book and one that any parent should read to their kids to encourage a vivid imagination. My copy has the awesome illustrations by Quentin Blake. McNary, Dave (5 March 2020). "Taika Waititi Making Not One, but Two 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' Animated Series for Netflix". Variety . Retrieved 4 October 2021. Follow me here. Wonka is effectively running a company where everyone is paid in scrip. The Oompa Loompas are paid, quite literally, in beans. Beans that I'm guessing he has the Oompa Loompas themselves growing in some huge underground cavern. Look at the illustration of Charlie’s house. Can you think of words to describe it? Could you write a paragraph, or more, about it? How is it similar / different to your house? Soon Charlie, his Grandpa Jo and his fellow winners are setting out on a magical tour of the factory, where a whole host of extraordinary inventions and a river of melted chocolate await them. But what else is in store for Charlie and the other children when they enter Wonka's chocolate factory?Everything is made of sweets and chocolate in the Chocolate Room. Imagine that your classroom is made of similar things and describe what it is like.

Yes?" said Willy Wonka. Charlie stared at the book and continued. "’s Avonds als hij zijn avondmaal van waterige koolsoep op had, ging Sjakie altijd naar de kamer van zijn vier grootouders om naar hun verhalen te luisteren en ze daarna goedenacht te zeggen." But what mysterious secrets will they discover? Our tour is about to begin. Please don’t wander off. Mr Wonka wouldn’t like to lose any of you at this stage of the proceedings . . . Listen to CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY and other Roald Dahl audiobooks read by some very famous voices, including Kate Winslet, David Walliams and Steven Fry – plus there are added squelchy soundeffects from Pinewood Studios!

The Oompa Loompa use words like ‘gorge’, ‘guzzle’, ‘feed’ and ‘feast’ in their songs to describe one of the children eating. Can you think of any other synonyms?

The Warming Candy Room is dominated by a boiler, which heats a scarlet liquid. The liquid is dispensed one drop at a time, where it cools and forms a hard shell, storing the heat and "by a magic process ... the hot heat changes into an amazing thing called 'cold heat.'" After eating a single warming candy, one could stand naked in the snow comfortably. This is met with predictable disbelief from Clarence Crump, Bertie Upside, and Terence Roper, who proceed to eat at least 100 warming candies each, resulting in profuse perspiration. The three boys and their families discontinue the tour after they are taken to cool off "in the large refrigerator for a few hours." [19] "The Children's-Delight Room" Charlie’s house has ‘little jets of freezing air’ rushing through it. Investigate how houses are insulated to keep them warm and to save energy.We are experiencing delays with deliveries to many countries, but in most cases local services have now resumed. For more details, please consult the latest information provided by Royal Mail's International Incident Bulletin. Imagine that you could be sent anywhere in the world by TV. Where would you like to travel to? Why would you like to go there? How else could you travel there and how long would it take?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment