276°
Posted 20 hours ago

OEX Traverse IMX Inflatable Ultra-lightweight Sleeping Mat, Camping Air Bed, Backpacking, Festival Essentials, Camping Equipment, Camping Accessories, Yellow, One Size

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Equipped with elastic straps, you can secure this mat after having rolled it up into a compact size, then store it in the included bag.

OEX claims that this sleeping mat has an r value of 2.6. This should be okay going down to fairly cold temperatures but the r-value isn’t high enough for a sudden overnight cold snap during Spring or Autumn. So when it came to trying the Traverse mat out, I pulled it out of its carry bag, took off the elastic bands, loosened the valve and threw it lengthwise onto the ground triumphantly. Aaand … nothing happened!Overall, the OEX Traverse 2.5 sleeping mat performed very poorly when I tested its setup. The Traverse comes with a standard air nozzle that you unscrew and, in theory, the sleeping mat should start filling up with air. [5/10] Portability Holdalls Holdall bags are ideal for short trips and weekend getaways, as well as the gym and daily activities. Here are the best holdall bags for casual and formal travel.

On the good side, it’s fairly easy to use the nozzle to let out a little air if you prefer a slightly softer mat. Although there’s very little air inside to play with! Pouches and Wallets In certain areas, the type of pouch or wallet you carry can make all the difference between being safe and being in danger. Here are the best pouches and wallets to conceal money, passports and other sensitive information. Hand Luggage Large enough for weekend trip yet small enough to be carried onto airplanes, the best hand luggage is durable, fashionable and have many compartments.Toiletries It’s annoying when you arrive at a hotel only to discover that no toiletries have been provided. Sometimes, it helps to bring your own, and taking the best toiletries with you on your travels ensures that you never have to worry about not being able to take care of personal hygiene. The OEX traverse 2.5 is fairly typically sized for a sleeping mat. That is to say, look elsewhere for a sleeping mat in large size if you’re approaching six feet. So if you are planning on some extreme wild camping expeditions, foam camping mats are a good choice. For your fairly normal wild camping trips, there are better options available. Inflatable Mats The downsides to these mats are that they are not as comfy as other sleeping mats. They also don’t fold up as small as inflatable mats and don’t really provide much insulation.

Sleep It’s no fun being deprived of sleep. You should be full of energy to fully enjoy the adventures and excitement of travelling. Here are the best sleeping accessories to ensure you have a good nights sleep. Closed-Cell Foam mats are a tried and tested industry standard. These mats are durable, and relatively inexpensive compared to other sleeping mats available. Basic foam mats tend to be the lightest of all, but are often thinner than other types of sleeping mat. Inflatable mats are more likely to weigh less than SIMs, however, this really depends on the quality of the materials used. They self-inflate in no time at all (and can be topped up by mouth if you prefer a very full inflation), and come with a handy carry bag. My test results mean that I place the OEX Traverse 2.5 sleeping mat firmly in the DON’T BUY category.So please forgive me but I’ll save myself from some poor night’s sleep and, without any signs of it being particularly durable or non-durable, I’ll just give it an average score. It won’t change my overall impression anyway! Value for money Finally, no setup instructions are included. This isn’t too bad since the valve is fairly straightforward. But I suspect quite a lot of people who aren’t familiar with self-inflating pads will know that they should set it up at home the first time and leave it inflated.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment