276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Solo Mission: A Lesbian Spy Story

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I'LL FEEL GOOD ABOUT HOLLYWOOD'S LGBTQ REPRESENTATION WHEN"Movies and shows stop queer-baiting and just start writing more queer characters and storylines."

Tilly: This scene here it was all [advisor and feminist sex writer] Susie Bright's friends. That's why the bar scene is so authentic—it's all lesbians. Besides being a genuinely considerate movie with some thoughtful meditations on religion and culture, it has the added thrill of having super erotic sex scenes, made possible because: Sitting in meetings with her at the prominent literary agency where we both worked left me feeling weak. Usually never short of things to say, in her presence, I’d marvel at her ability to drain all quips from my mind, leaving my mouth bone-dry. But I knew the cliché and I refused to succumb to the stereotype of being the young, ambitious 25-year-old who screws the boss.

See also

I'LL FEEL GOOD ABOUT HOLLYWOOD'S LGBTQ REPRESENTATION WHEN"The characters are three-dimensional human beings and not simply just clownin’ as the archetype, the magical queen sprinkling fairy dust all over the world." I FELT MOST PROUD TO BE PART OF THE COMMUNITY LAST YEAR WHEN"Seeing the cast of Pose thriving and enjoying the respect and admiration they deserve." I FIRST FELT REPRESENTED WHEN I SAW " Flower Drum Song, a Rodgers and Hammerstein musical from 1961, on TV. Oh my God, it was the only time in my life I'd seen an all-Asian cast — happy, singing and dancing." Broadcast TV's first openly gay chief exec has used his new post atop WarnerMedia's direct-to-consumer business to shine a spotlight. For newly launched streamer HBO Max, Greenblatt is teaming with Greg Berlanti and Jim Parsons for the docuseries Equal, ball culture competition series Legendary and scripted dramedy Generation, a modern look at sexuality.

From Queer as Folkin 1999 through acclaimed dramas Bob & Rose, A Very English Scandaland 2019's Years and Years, LGBTQ stories have played a prominent role in Davies' award-winning TV projects. He'll double down on queer storytelling with HBO Max's Boys, set to explore the HIV/AIDS crisis in the 1980s. I'LL FEEL GOOD ABOUT HOLLYWOOD'S LGBTQ REPRESENTATION WHEN"There is a healthier variety of queer stories and characters whose queerness is not their defining factor. And when roles are cast across the board based solely on an actor’s ability and how right they are for any given role, regardless of their sexuality or the character’s sexuality."

Kristen Stewart

Tilly: I did have so many girls come up to me—and so many drag queens saying their drag name was Violet. It really made me feel, in a weird way, like I had a responsibility when all these girls would come up to me and say that they came out of the closet and realized they were gay after they saw this film. THE TOP OF MY QUARANTINE BINGE LIST" Feel Good. My good friend Ally Pankiw directed it. And my fellow Canadian Mae Martin wrote and stars in it. Lesbian female director directing a lesbian hero in a story is the perfect remedy to a down day in quarantine." I'LL FEEL GOOD ABOUT HOLLYWOOD'S LGBTQ REPRESENTATION WHEN"We have the kind of representation in big-budget studio films that we do on TV." The comic vet (under a rich overall deal with Warner Bros. TV) punctuates his youth-skewing slate (The CW's Riverdale and Katy Keene and Netflix's Chilling Adventures of Sabrina) with LGBTQ characters and storylines — including a transition arc on Sabrina, mirroring the life of genderqueer star Lachlan Watson. THE PERSON I THINK DOESN'T GET ENOUGH CREDIT FOR THEIR ACTIVISM"I really believe Billy Eichner and his 'Glam Up the Midterms' made a real difference across the nation in the last election. I was so impressed with his tireless efforts, and we are going to need leaders like him to have success again in the fall."

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment