276°
Posted 20 hours ago

K&F Concept Lens Mount Adapter for Leica M LM Mount Lens to Micro Four Thirds (MFT, M4/3) Mount Mirrorless Camera Compatible for Panasonic Lumix M4/3 camera

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The 5DSR files are horrid, horrid, horrid when you try to raise the shadows EVEN a little they have a strong ugly colour cast. The M5 files are much, much better in the shadows than the 5DS R. The Leica is about the same as the M5 in the shadows but brutally clips the highlights so you have to be careful to expose. The M-adaptor-L is pricey, but it bring 6-bit coding to the camera directly, so M-mount lens profile can be loaded directly on the file. Here I showed examples of the first photos taken with the adapter - https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/65009554 Canon M System - maybe but you are giving up a lot of features and the EOS-M lens lineup doesn't leave a lot of room for growth This points to a determined bid to promote the sale of brand new L-Mount lenses - I hardly blame them for this but it is not very welcoming for EF lenses owners to buy L-Mount camera bodies. Furthermore they have to sell lots of L-Mount camera bodies to provide a market for L-Mount lenses. A sort of Catch-22 situation. Making it easier for EF mount lens owners to use them on L-Mount bodies surely would help sell more camera bodies.

Ultra-fast focusing speed, AF auto focus, providing fast and accurate detection of focusing direction and target. Given this we know that more recent lenses such as the Canon EF 40/2.8 pancake; 50/1.8 STM and 100/2.8 L Macro - work very well on all adapters and that the Commlite is unlikely to be any different. On the other hand the Canon 180/3.5 L Macro (for example) is not so easy - hereby claimed as compatible - this particular lens is not so easily made an S-AF wonder. I have one, but this is a comparatively rare lens and I wonder if even Commlite has had access to this or many others on their list so that they can affirm so easily as to make such an extensive list to impress those who might only own one or more of the more common easier to adapt lenses. Hands up who else has one of these lenses .... No. The flange distance of L mount is 20 mm and that of MFT is 19.25 mm. That leaves just 0.75 mm for the adapter, which is in all likelihood too little for a reasonably sturdy adapter to be made. AFAIK, none exists and I think it unlikely that anyone will try to make one. But I point out that Sigma seems to be able to take a lens that it sells with EF mount and remount it as “L”and it will do C-AF and yet it cannot put EF to L with C-AF into their MC-21. Addition of two new Panasonic lumix L mount lenses : the 35mm f/1.8 and the 18mm f/1.8 (new l mount wide angle lens),I bought Jintu (MF only) and Commlite (AF) for EF-M4/3 the Jintu was uber-cheap and did exactly what it promised - made EF lenses into MF lenses with aperture control. The Commlite was a little more expensive, gave the same MF control and some AF with some EF mount lenses. This was pre-firmware update port. There was no issue with build quality on either brand, but they seem to have been built from the same components. The Lumix S series has some fantastic lenses, and two great are the Panasonic Lumix S 18mm f/1.8 L and the Panasonic 70-300mm telephoto zoom lens. The 18mm prime lens is great for low-light photography and creating artistic depth-of-field effects (not so much pronounced though with a wide-angle lens). It has a wide-angle field-of-view, which is perfect for landscapes and architecture photography. The 70-300mm zoom lens is a great choice for capturing distant subjects providing excellent image quality and sharpness. Both of these lenses are excellent options for photographers who use the Lumix S series cameras. Addition (FF) : Laowa 15mm f/4.5R Zero-D Shift, TTArtisan 21mm f/1.5 RF, NiSi 15mm f/4 Sunstar ASPH, Laowa 90m f/2.8 2X Ultra-Macro APO

Exciting new creative possibilities open up for users of the popular Panasonic LUMIX S1H, S1 and S5 and other L-mount cameras, as MTF Services today announces a new lens duo with immediate availability. The new L-mount converted versions of the affordable Sirui 35mm f1.8 and 50mm f1.8 1.33x anamorphic lenses emulate the sought-after anamorphic look often seen on big motion pictures, with horizontal blue streak highlights and beautiful bokeh with elongated defocused areas. The L-Mount has some great kit for those that need the extras that it can produce but the reality is that chasing a rainbow by buying and re-selling kit is an expensive way to travel and the only pot of gold is where the rainbow has shifted to before you find its source. The SL version: it refers to the lenses dedicated to full frame. These lenses work perfectly on an APS-C camera (using the classic crop factor of x1.5), Their original adapters EF-E/FE were not very good, they have always proclaimed that they were compatible with a huge range of lenses - even lenses that few (including Commlite and even Metabones could not afford to buy and test), most likely they will not work well with more rare lenses but so few own them that the sad story will never be told.Using the L-mount converted Sirui lenses on the LUMIX S1H allows users to get a 16x9 aspect result and still maintain the anamorphic look. (Image credit: Jim Marks) I would hate to see M4/3 die simply because the FF sensor has become “fashionable”. It is already a fully viable ML mount system and well catered for by a significant variety of product. During those early days, I adapted my film M42 screw mount lenses. I got into c-mount 16mm cine lenses. Tried out some Nikon F mount lenses. But more importantly, understand the philosophy of small, light and high quality Leica/Canon/Nikon/Voigtlander/Zeiss screw and M-mount lenses. M-mount and M39 screw mount lenses With the newer Canon EOS R5 the lens image circles do not fully cover the full-frame sensor, but can still be used if the user is prepared to accept the vignette effect and crop the image in post-production (this requires the user to shoot in full-frame mode and then crop the image in post production to the equivalent of around 1.35x crop). It would enable a great upgrade path for M43 users with a lot of lenses. I would love to buy a S5 and use my wide range of M43 lenses in crop mode... Over time I would be willing to invest in L-mount glass too.

Yet another alternative is the PL 25-50/1.7. But that’s a pretty clumsy and expensive solution if all you want is to shoot at 35 and f/2.

Like the RF conversion, when shooting full-frame there's an approximate 1.35x crop with vignetting. In the end cheap enough and cheerful Commlite adapters will probably sell very well. Consider that if you have a more exotic EF mount lens you would probably not be buying a cheap electronic adapter on the off chance. Even if it was technically possible to put micro 4/3 glass in front of a full frame camera, it would be unusable because mft glass is made for a smaller sensor and does't cover full frame area. Yeah, leading up to confirmation of L-mount there was a discussion on this. Basically if Panasonic cared, there would be things they could perhaps do. First thing is at least make it so they are electronically compatible (a hybrid between the two systems). Panasonic obviously didn't bother. Sorry to say this and please excuse -“rubbish”. Even photography goes through “fashions” and the big current fashion thing is now FF sensors where we might remember that once upon a time nothing could beat more megapixels.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment