276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Swinging Sticks Desktop Version Black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Cut two pieces of plastic paper by marking around 5.5cm. Remember size does not matter here (Take larger then 3.8Cm) as we will throw this out after making the coil. But the bigger you make the more trouble you will have while winding by hand. Take two wires end of the coil and remove coating by abrasive paper or burning it. In the burning method, you may over burn it so I would prefer abrasive paper method. If you have taken 50Gms wire than the wind all wire, otherwise remember that 38mm limit. Overall around 780 to 900 turn of wire is enough to create 8 to 10 Ohm resistance. Cut Aluminium tube of 21cm and also put the point of Mark at 3mm from starting and Mark in perimeter at 6.5cm. Put the end of the wire from inside to the outside of the paper as shown in a picture.Use Fevikwik to make proper joint do not leave space between paper and tape. You may need to make the small hole to bring coil wire outside from core. Do not hesitate if you need to do that. Remember not to use more Fevikwik as we are going to make the temporary joint.

Make 38mm Diameter, which we have to fill using wire. Start taking the turn by hand or by any small dc motor, if you have but for dc motor you will need to handle the coil by the motor and it needs proper arrangements.If you do not know how to solder tell your friend, who knows how to solder, to complete this job for you.) After doing that remove Excessive solder and if you have wax to prevent Wire breakage melt wax on the PCB soldering part(side). Make cover plate to cover bottom of the box by taking the dimensions as shown in picture.(Measure your dimensions and cut it as it may differ from mine.) To get the bearings to make a nice tight fit, we need our hole dimension to be accurate. The bearings I bought are ABEC 5 which have a tolerance of + 0.000” and – 0.002”. That means my hole needs to be no larger than 0.250”. That seems easy enough, a ¼” drill bit measures 0.250”. True, but a ¼” drill bit never drills a precise ¼” hole. That’s pretty much true of any size drill bit. If a precise hole is needed it must be reamed. Cut Aluminium tube in 17.2 to 18cm (16cm+1.2to2cm) to make base Column. Here 16cm will go upside of the box top and 2 cm will be given for support and it will come inside the box.

Take the copper wire, plastic paper or waterproof paper, scissors, small plastic tube, Fevikwik, paper tape, permanent marker, scale etc. Once you have the drill press centered for one piece, it should stay centered for all the subsequent pieces.Mark in the Centre of the sunmica under the box. Put some Araldite compound there and put some compound on the one side of the coil. I did my size estimations by using a pictures of the commercially available version and counting the pixels using Paint. From there, I used a ratio and based it on 12" length. If magnetic flux generated in the coil, then you can fill it by trying to hover the magnet over the coil. Setup circuit voltage by putting the magnet on it and set power that is Enough to continue magnet motion in the case as shown in a picture. Don't forget to connect 3volt the batteries to the wire which was mentioned in circuit making step.

Use varnish or Fevikwik to make coils every turn stronger. Use Fevikwik or varnish after some layer of wire, so the wire can not jump out when we try to remove plastic paper. For varnish, you have to wait 3 to 4 days for drying coil. That's why I prefer Fevikwik.Yes, you can use Fevikwik for making coil stronger.Wait this was not the final step, the last step is to Correcting things and finishing project by giving it the final touch. Steel ROD (Any rod having lower than 3mm diameter will work just use tape to fill gap between bearing inside and rod) Make the base column's one end curved for the fitting of hanging portion on it. Use plier and Abrasive paper to do that. Adhere sunmica pieces with wood by using Fevicol and Fevikwik as shown in the picture. Use paper tape to support sunmica and wood Temporary.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment