276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Every Last Word

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Sam’s parents and younger sister: They are aware of Sam’s OCD and provide her with a supportive and understanding home environment. Second-guessing every move, thought, and word makes daily life a struggle, and it doesn't help that her lifelong friends will turn toxic at the first sign of a wrong outfit, wrong lunch, or wrong crush. Yet Sam knows she'd be truly crazy to leave the protection of the most popular girls in school. So when Sam meets Caroline, she has to keep her new friend with a refreshing sense of humor and no style a secret, right up there with Sam's weekly visits to her psychiatrist. Además las relaciones entre los personajes van creciendo y evolucionando poco a poco y me ha gustado mucho porque no hay nada que sea instantáneo ni aleatorio, sino que sabemos qué va a pasar y vemos cómo pasa con naturalidad.

The New York Timesbestselling, BookTok sensation, deeply moving novel of friendship, first love, mental health, and belonging, perfect for fans of Girl in Pieces and The Summer of Broken Rules Tras dos intensos días de lectura, finalmente he terminado de leer Hasta la última palabra. Tamara es una autora que nunca había tocado y que poco me interesaba... hasta ahora. La manera en la que trata temas complicados, como es el caso del trastorno obsesivo-compulsivo en adolescentes, me ha gustado muchísimo, y espero que con esta reseña os convenza a leer esta obra. Once again Tamara Ireland Stone blows me away with incredible characters and a story I couldn’t put down. Put this one on your to be read list immediately and then hide away where no one can interrupt you while reading. It’s such a poignant, beautiful story.” — Jaime ArkinI will share this book with my clients who suffer from OCD and even those who don’t. Samantha is a wonderful character. Every Last Word is an amazing read.” — Karen Blesius Rhodes, LCSW

Every Last Word” by Tamara Ireland Stone features several compelling characters, each contributing to the story’s exploration of teenage life, mental health, and the pursuit of self-discovery:How can you not remember Andrew? That kid stuttered so badly he couldn’t even say his name. We used to follow him around singing that song.…You have to remember this!” First of all, I don’t have OCD; my mind just behaves in an erratic way and it was kind of weird sometimes. All of Sam’s struggles with obsessive thoughts even the bad poetry (funny I had this notebook filled with cringey poetry since I was fifteen); I could relate to them all. Her thoughts are like my thoughts and it was easy to pretend like she was well... me. It’s a lot to comb at but this is no doubt Tamara Ireland Stone’s best work I’ve ever read yet. Reese and her debate team partner and longtime crush David are in Arizona when it happens. Everyone knows the world will never be the same. On their drive home to San Francisco, along a stretch of empty highway at night in the middle of Nevada, a bird flies into their headlights. The car flips over. When they wake up in a military hospital, the doctor won’t tell them what happened, where they are—or how they’ve been miraculously healed. My employers pay me well to be right, to know things others can't. But I don't know why they brought that boy in, strapped to a stretcher, barely conscious. He asked me for help when I could give none. This is a story about a girl with OCD. A girl who, for all intents and purposes, hasn't told anyone about her condition. The dark thoughts that plague her mind daily make it difficult to function in every day activities that others take for granted. She struggles to maintain the facade of being a 'normal' girl around her popular friends who expect only the best from her, and she can't find peace at night, so she has to take sleeping medications. Her nature is to latch onto something and grip it tight, to search and investigate until all outlets are exhausted and she has enough information to satisfy her hunger for any information concerning what she became obsessed with in the first place.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment