276°
Posted 20 hours ago

BDTFO Memory Foam Pillows Neck Pain, Orthopedic Cervical Contour Pillows Neck Support Relief Back, Stomach, Side Sleepers with Washable Breathable Zippered Cover

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

There are two types of memory foam pillow; a shredded memory foam pillow and solid memory foam. While shredded foam is more mouldable, you can lose out on support. If you’re thinking of taking the plunge, here’s a few things to look out for to know you’re buying quality; However, when you think about the amount of dead skin cells and sweat that gets absorbed over the years, you might be more inclined to opt for a pillow refresh. We recommend changing your memory foam pillow every 2-3 years for optimum sleep.

The Putnams 100 per cent worked for me in terms of preventing snoring, but I did wake up more than usual through the night. I was probably subconsciously noticing the strange shape beneath me and registering that something was not quite right. Alternatively, use warm water and a small amount of detergent to gently rub away stains with a clean cloth. Allow the pillow to air dry completely before using. Key specs – Filling: Memory foam; Cover: Polyester (machine washable); Sizes: 1 (42 x 66cm, 13cm height) To remove stains or marks and keep your pillow looking and smelling fresh, remove the pillow cover and sprinkle with baking soda. Leave for an hour before vacuuming with the small attachment for upholstery on your vacuum cleaner.Another good thing to note is that the 500 Gel Pillow comes with a five-year guarantee against defects in workmanship or materials. If you’re looking for a quality memory foam pillow that combines maximum comfort with cooling technology, we’ve got two options for you; Memory foam is a man-made material using visco-elastic polyurethane. It was first invented in the 1960’s by NASA scientists who were looking for ways to cushion astronauts as they launched into space. After further development it became commercially available in the 1990’s when the first memory foam mattress was released by Tempur, shortly followed by pillows.

The pillow is encased in a luxurious knitted cover which feels very soft to the touch but it is also worth using a pillow protector to help it last longer. Key features – Filling: Memory foam; Cover: Quilted scuba (neoprene) (machine washable); Sizes: 1 (60 x 35cm, 11/6cm height) What’s more, different people have different preferences and sleeping styles. For example, side sleepers might want a solid pillow with a bit more loft to it, while those prone to overheating during the night should be aware that memory foam can feel warm as it responds to your body heat. Memory foam often gets a bad rep for getting too hot and stuffy. However, recent innovations in sleep technology mean that it’s now possible to find memory foam pillows that help keep you cool throughout the night.

Key specs – Filling: Memory foam; Cover: 100% cotton cover (machine washable 60C); Sizes: Large is 61cm x 31cm (11.5cm max height); also available in Medium (10cm height) and X Large (13cm height) I slept on each pillow for at least three nights. The less I woke myself by snoring and, more importantly, the less I woke my wife, the better I rated them. I tested a variety of fill-types but found that the most effective snore-preventing pillows had at least a core of foam for stability (not memory foam, interestingly), with other materials such as hollowfibre adding comfort. May I take a moment here to note the title of that research paper: “Der effekt eines kissens zur kopflageänderung auf das schnarchen”. Beautiful.)

Because it reacts to your body temperature, memory foam can sometimes feel hot and clammy – particularly in the warmer months. BedStory claims that its pillows are cooling, thanks to a layer of perforated gel-infused foam. That said, it’s important to take these claims with a pinch of salt, and sleepers who are prone to overheating in bed should bear this in mind before purchasing a memory foam pillow. Considered the Rolls Royce of memory foam, Tempur was the first brand to release the material into the public domain and they are the only company with licensed rights from the US Space Foundation to use the certified technology seal in their products.

Ordering Online

You’ve heard the benefits of using a contour memory foam pillow – but now you’ve got it home, you’re not sure which way it’s supposed to go on the bed. No worries, we’ve got the answers you need. The right supportive pillow could make all the difference – but instead we sleep on the same saggy old pillow for years on end. “Think about how many hours you sleep each week,” says Gary. “Your car has an annual MOT, but how often do you do an MOT of your pillow? It’s literally, let’s wait until it’s gone threadbare!” I can’t swear that I got a better night’s sleep. However, my wife did. Usually she has to nudge me with varying degrees of vehemence whenever I start snoring. With the machine doing it, she got the night off. The shape of the pillow itself is well-suited to snore prevention: soft on top but with a firm, stable core. We also consider other factors such as removable covers, trial periods and special features (can a pillow be adjusted? Does it have an ergonomic design?) all of which help us to form a comprehensive impression of a product.

Our Coolmax contour memory foam pillow is made up of intelligent Coolmax fibres which whisk excess heat and moisture away from the body, keeping you cool and dry all night long. This one has more of an orthopaedic look. It’s the first of two products I tried from Putnams, a Devon company that’s been supplying bedware to the NHS for over 40 years. They’re more functional than decorative. Now, I’m not an apnoea sufferer but my dad was for many years. The only intervention available at the time was a CPAP (continuous positive air pressure) mask, which was unpleasant to sleep in. Anything that might delay the need for one of those is worth trying. The cost is about the same. It’s not cheap, so you are looking at a serious pillow investment but if you get on well with it and your aches and pains go away, it'll be worth every penny. The cover is removable and machine-washable. Slumberdown’s soft, light, anti-snore pillow has what they call a “unique S-shaped polyurethane foam core to encourage better breathing” – but unique is not quite the right word. You’ll find exactly the same feature in the Silentnight above and the Kally below.

How we tested

Memory foam mattresses are well known for providing optimum comfort and support for our bodies and joints. But what happens when you upgrade your pillow with the stuff? It’s good to know there’s an anti-snore pillow in a traditional, luxurious style (the percale cover is lovely), but I had to flip and plump it several times in the night to keep my head at the right angle. I had to work for my snore-free night. According to The Sleep Council, it's a good idea to replace your pillows at least every two or three years - or if they go lumpy or misshapen. The ideal pillow should, also, keep your spine perfectly aligned. In other words, your head should be positioned, lying down, in the same way as if you were standing perfectly upright. Your pillow should also hold its shape and provide consistent support throughout the night, even if you move around a lot. Since there are various causes of snoring and various sleeping positions, I can’t promise the Levitex would work for everybody. Its austere appearance won’t make your bedroom any more romantic, either. But for me, this is the snore-stopper to beat. This pillow is made up of a memory foam core and shell with a hollow fibre filling. The plus side is you will still get some support from the memory foam but with added breathability thanks to the hollow fibre, which will help you to keep cool. If you’re looking to try a pillow that offers more support, then this is a good introduction to memory foam as it is more of a hybrid option and comes with a reasonable price tag.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment