276°
Posted 20 hours ago

OXO Good Grips Handheld Mandoline Slicer, White/Black

£99.995£199.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Face the mandoline with the raised end nearest to you so that you are cutting away from your body as you slice. Used correctly and with appropriate levels of caution, mandoline slicers are safe to use. However, it’s important to remember that the stainless steel blades are extremely sharp, and therefore have the potential to be very dangerous. Imagine being able to cut your food into all sorts of shapes without ever having to change the blades. Well, here is the slicer you've been looking for! With just one blade, you can use the shape control knob to adjust it according to your liking.

Hand-Held Mandoline Slicer | OXO UK

I have a Benriner mandoline. I use it a lot - much easier to clean and less faff than getting the food processor out. Touch wood, I’ve never injured myself on the mandoline, but I do treat it with respect!” (Reviewed by Mumsnet user Lunaballoon) Our verdict Whilst the process will vary slightly for handheld tools, most mandolines should be used as follows: This slicer is best for amateur chefs and home cooks looking for something that offers a decent amount of variation, without being quite as complicated to use as a more advanced slicer. There's even a spiralizer, which can be quite rare on these designs. Thanks to its super-sharp, heat-treated and hand-finished stainless steel blades, the Benriner mandoline is often the first choice for chefs in the food industry, but as it doesn't have a support leg, it’s best suited to those more experienced and confident using a mandoline. Börner is known for its high-quality and durable kitchen gadgets and, whilst the original Börner slicer was sold without a hand guard, the Mandoline Slicer V5 comes with a food safety holder included, protecting your fingers from the sharp stainless steel blades whilst in use.

Push the food guard down the mandoline so that it glides across the blade, capturing the slices that are produced on the board below. This slicer offers three different grips that will allow you to slice your food with maximum comfort. The pinch and centre grip will even grant you more control while slicing smaller foods like garlic or carrots. Mandoline slicers won't be able to cut different shapes without the right blades to do the job. The more shapes the slicer can cut, the more interchangeable blades will likely be included.

Chefs Mandoline 2.0 | OXO UK

You don't need to have amazing chopping skills to produce thinly sliced tomatoes for your salad. With a mandoline slicer, you can say hello to homemade sweet potato chips, courgette spaghetti and decorative carrot ribbons, all thanks to the various shapes and sizes these handy cutters provide. Cut the vegetable or potato in half to create a flat surface and then using the food holder, push into the rounded end of the vegetable until it holds it securely.Hold the mandoline securely with one hand and place the food guard with the flat surface of your food against the runway.

Mandoline Slicers for Easy Food Prep 2023 | Mumsnet Best Mandoline Slicers for Easy Food Prep 2023 | Mumsnet

For beginners, the prospect of a food holder that could slip or fall off the mandoline mid-slice can be a little daunting, particularly with a sharp exposed blade. Trust us when we say this is a popular product for a reason! In fact, you'll almost only hear good things about it. It's the only kitchen tool you need if you'd like to slice up some radishes or carrots for your salad. Not to mention the very economical price considering the brand and quality. I've had a few duds, but the OXO one is doing well so far.” (Recommended by Mumsnet user greenybluey) Our verdict

A recommendation service that carefully researches each product and consults with experts across many disciplines. With rubberised feet, it can be held securely in place whilst you slice directly into a bowl or onto your cutting board. Set up your mandoline on a chopping board or tray and ensure that any support leg is pulled out and held securely in place.

Mandoline Slicer - OXO V-Blade Mandoline Slicer - OXO

The smart precision grip easily adjusts to suit the ingredients you’re slicing, from a tight pinch grip for small items, to a centre grip for round fruit and veggies, and a flat grip for slicing lengthwise, all whilst keeping your fingers safely away from the action. It has a strong and sturdy support leg that holds securely on your countertop and a substantial-sized guard that will hold the majority of food options, so it’s a safe option when used correctly. Operate with caution, however – these blades are sharp!

I have this - it's amazing. Easy to use and easy to clean ( dishwasher) and takes up hardly any kitchen space. I don't think I would use one that required setting up and stuff.” (Tried and tested by Mumsnet user whois) Our verdict

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment