276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Games Workshop - Warhammer 40,000 - Killzone Octarius (Scenery Set)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

As the next narrative setting for Warhammer 40,000, War Zone Octarius is home to a continually developing story that will have far-reaching consequences for the fate of the galaxy. The saga begins with Kill Team and War Zone Octarius: Book One – Rising Tide, which we also revealed during Saturday’s preview . The Moroch campaign book with rules for both kill teams in the box, as well as rules for playing campaigns and other battles in the Moroch Killzone Return to the Sabbat Worlds with the Iron Snakes, as Brother-Captain Priad attempts to protect Beati, a reincarnated Saint who may be the key to the whole crusade. This is the second expansion for Kill Team: Into The Dark, so it takes place within similar close quarters battlefields in space hulks. As you might expect from such a dangerous-looking beast, Mozrog and Big Chompa are a force of nature in close combat. While he’s fully capable of commanding his Beast Snagga underlings like any Beastboss, Mozrog’s no-nonsense approach makes him an especially good spearhead for a massed charge of Squighog Boyz.

Warhammer 40k Kill Team: Octarius review - Wargamer Warhammer 40k Kill Team: Octarius review - Wargamer

Unlike games of 40K, in the new edition of Kill Team matches have three phases: Initiative, Strategic and Firefight. On the whole, the rules seem to make sense. Whilst this is a completely new ruleset for Kill Team, there are still a few bits in there that will look familiar to experienced players. To my eye, the whole restructure looks to have been done to simplify the game: things are broken down into fewer phases and there are fewer numbers being thrown around. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing, as it’ll make the game way more accessible to brand-new wargamers. The combat gauges need to be cut off one of the sprues, so be prepared to do that before you can start playing Kill Team. Imperial Guard Kill Team (partially replaced by the Veteran Guardsmen Kill Team in the Octarius book)Kill Team 2nd Edition’s datacards show that the new game’s units(individually called Operators) will have at least three key stats they didn’t have before: The operative would still count as performing the action for all rules purposes. For example, if it performed it during its activation, it would not be able to perform the action again during that activation.

Octarius is Just the Beginning for a New Age of Kill Team Octarius is Just the Beginning for a New Age of Kill Team

I only briefly dipped my toes into Kill Team at the end of the last edition after I as the Pariah Nexus expansion foisted onto me to review. Whilst I wasn’t an enormous fan of the expansion set (funnily enough, I still haven’t painted the 3,000+ pieces of ridiculous cuboid terrain that came in the box), I did quite like the skirmish-style gameplay and found it fast-paced and exciting. Unfortunately, those fairy lights offer no tactical advantage, but even an Ork can appreciate a bit of ambient lighting on their battlefields. Your units’ datacards are changing, showing off what your operatives can do in more detail than ever before. Front-line troopers can act with comrades, nimble fighters can dodge incoming fire, and powerful soldiers, like the mighty Space Marines, can even perform more actions in a turn than lesser beings. We’ll be having a close look at the new datacards later this week, so keep your eyes peeled. Parts for two-three extra bits of raised gantry (for some reason not mentioned in the Octarius book or instructions)This Killzone Upgrade contains all the Shadowvaults-specific scenery from the Shadowvaults expansion Killzone: Gallowdark

Octarius Mission Briefing Warhammer Preview Online – Octarius Mission Briefing

Things only get worse when you turn to the datasheets in the Compendium. Swathes upon swathes of the units listed in the compendium have absolutely nothing listed under Abilities or Unique Actions. You’ll be shunting your Heavy Intercessors around the board and rolling to hit and to wound, and that’s about it. Doing away with points is something that worked really well for the first edition of Age of Sigmar… not. There are definitely merits to the new system – the power levels of different Kill Team factions can be easier balanced, there is less room for spamming certain loadouts, and the pre-game selection of selecting your roster is sped up considerably. There are new tactical choices to be made, and it opens a lot of design space for expansions and custom missions with custom fire teams. And as the available choices are based on what you find in a model’s box, there is less need to go for bitz hunting. So, if you want to start playing the game, but you’re not particularly fond of either of the teams in the starter set, you’re better off buying a Core Book, the book with rules for your preferred Kill Team, the models for your team and an Essentials box.The set also includes a double-sided folding gaming board measuring 30" x 22.4", allowing you to build a battlefield suitable for games of Warhammer 40,000 Kill Team. This durable boards feature different artwork on each side and can be combined with other gaming boards to create battlefields of any size. In general, once theKommandos get up in the Guardsmen’s faces, things swing in the Greenskins’ favour – and, when that happens, the gleeful melee mayhem thesefellascan wreak will have them melting the heart of even inveterate Emperor-lovers like me. Let’s rip the plaster off: the Tac Ops cards are super boring on the eye. They’re just white with writing. The scenery in this box is a bit less generic than what’s in the Chalnath box, but the kill teams are both very cool, with Legionary team especially offering many different ways to play.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment