276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Barbie Extra Doll #9 in Blue Ruffled Jacket with Pet Crocodile, Long Brunette Hair, Bling Hair Clips, Gift for Kids 3Y+, GYJ78

£0.325£0.65Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I feel like having a direct line to the senses from a marketing standpoint is so important because it’s a nonverbal, it’s a semiotic vehicle,” Loranger said. “ The best marketing is very deeply rooted in emotion.” And we're including our mothers, daughters, aunts, nieces, and friends...our fathers, brothers, nephews, and sons might love it too, so we bring them in as well. To celebrate the release of the live action Barbie film, our fine jewellery and diamond experts recently created a collection of jewellery, titled ‘The Barbie Collection’.

I'm breaking down these exact scenes for you because it's important to log how color moves through a movie. Then a filter came out where anyone could be on the Barbie movie poster. Celebrities worldwide jumped in on the craze - generating photos of themselves as "Barbies" for the world to see. And who could blame us? From what we've saw before the movie made it to cinemas (you know, the Insta pics and YouTube clips), the London-based costume designer Jaqueline Durran has had quite the blast creating the outfits for the film. We're so here for the references to the doll's OG '50s and '60s looks (we're talking gingham prints and retro silhouettes) alongside sportswear and disco references from the '80s.Through emotional connections, nostalgia, limited editions, influencer marketing and engaging experiences, Barbie ® has sparked a frenzy that continues to captivate the hearts of both young and adult fans, solidifying its position as a cultural icon and maintaining its enduring popularity. The Barbie ® movie encapsulates the power of nostalgia, history, culture and color psychology. The epitome of how successfully a brand can become if it thinks completely and emotionally through a marketing campaign.

The court not once, but twice, sided with MCA records, saying that Mattel ® " cannot show that its use of the color pink has acquired secondary meaning'. Source.

How to watch ‘Barbie’ on Prime Video

The absence of red would symbolize the removal of aggression, increased heart rate, fear, anger, and even the ability to act and make decisions. All of which was very true when it came to the world of Barbie ®.

Can you remember a time when you knew instantly what movie was coming out just by one color on a poster? Me neither. When it came to designing the earrings, we were keen to use pear cut stones as they represent a connection, such as the one that children all over the world have made with Barbie since 1959. Totalling 1.5ct, the earrings consist of pink pear cut diamonds and round brilliant diamonds. Barbie ®'s portrayal of an unrealistic body shape has also raised concerns about body image and beauty standards, as well, which they combated by introducing Barbies of all different body shapes and heights! ( Note: This did account for a 2 billion dollar revenue decrease during those releases - so is the world really ready to embrace more realistic versions when it comes to "artificial authenticity"?) It's extremely clear that the people in the real world are represented by the "reality" of blue, and the "fantasy" world of Barbieland ® is known by its pink. It wasn't always the way. As Kassia St Clair, a cultural historian and author of The Secret Lives of Colour, notes, the girl-pink/boy-blue divide didn't set in until the mid-20th Century. An 1893 article on baby clothes in The New York Times stated that you should "always give pink to a boy and blue to a girl." Pink was seen as the stronger colour – a relative of the passionate, aggressive red, while blue was the signature hue of the Virgin Mary. "My father was born in 1925, he's a military man and yet pink is his favourite colour and he doesn't see anything peculiar about that," St Clair tells BBC Culture. "But for me, growing up as a child of the 80s and 90s, of course, pink was very much a feminine colour, and I had it shoved down my throat. So for a long time, I completely avoided pink. I was fed up with it. I had a very complicated relationship with it."You can see the color of the logo has been many varieties of pink. I would say their color is currently hot pink, but they say magenta.I'm pretty sure it's because they want to tie in with the boldness and revolution of the color - especially since the movie was released the same year Pantone ® named a red-based magenta color of the year! How could this possibly be true? A brand that Aqua perfectly describes as "life is plastic - it's fantastic" makes women, once girls who owned the dolls, feel empowered?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment