276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Logitech G640 Cloth Gaming Mouse Pad, 460 x 400mm, Thickness 3mm, Moderate surface friction, Consistent surface texture, Stable, comfortable rubber base, Rollable - Black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In-game performance is just fine. There’s not much to say about it, which is probably a good thing because it also means there isn’t really anything wrong with it. Maintenance

Regardless, this is a completely honest assessment of the product, and all the opinions expressed in this Logitech G640 mousepad review are my unbiased thoughts. Starting from the top, I noticed that the material used here is standard cloth. According to Logitech, this is the best material to use for low dpi gaming, and they’ve tuned it specifically for Logitech sensors. Sounds like they’re just trying to be convincing but I’ll allow it. The above is exacerbated by the relatively low amount (in proportion to its overall glide characteristics) of stopping power. Once you apply pressure to your mouse the feet sink into the pad somewhat, greatly slowing it down, but if you don’t do that then the relatively smooth surface won’t do very much to actually stop your mouse. In a nutshell, one could say that the G740 is rather controlling when it comes to micro adjustments, but lets go of the reigns somewhat when it comes to large swipes. This might be a non-issue for many people, but if you will be using this mousepad on a lower-quality desk, you may want to consider the fact that you’re more likely to feel any lumps or bumps from the desk. Performance SpeedAs I said, I was pretty curious to see why the Logitech G640 mousepad was popular among pro gamers. Clearly, it’s less about the fact that it is an all-round excellent mousepad and more about the fact that those gamers prioritize performance over anything else. The size is also pretty standard. It gives you a good amount of real estate to move your mouse around, which is all that really matters in that regard. Design

The Logitech G740 is a pad that does the essentials right, but it’s not a very exciting or revolutionary addition to the world of gaming mousepads. It doesn’t have to be; nailing the basics and offering a controlling surface that doesn’t go into ‘mud pad’ territory can definitely be enough for a lot of players (just look at how many pros are using the G640, which has the same surface material) but if you were expecting some type of extremely specialized or revolutionary product you’re better off looking elsewhere. DiamondLobby helps you get better at competitive games. Whether it’s in-depth guides or tips on the current meta, we’ve got something for you. The base of the pad, like many others, is rubberized. Rubber bases have proven to be the most efficient because they do not allow for too much friction that causes your mousepad to move all over the place while you’re dragging your mouse across it. When it comes to performance, a mousepad will fall into one of three categories – control, speed, or balance. The Logitech G640 focuses on control, which explains why it is a popular choice for pro gamers that spend more time with shooters such as Valorant and CSGO. When it comes to the glide, the G740 is on the controlling side. The static friction is on the higher side (meaning that it takes a bit of force to get the mouse moving) and the same can be said for the dynamic friction. This definitely isn’t a mousepad that feels as if it’s totally letting you run free with your mouse, so to say, but it also isn’t a dedicated control pad if you ask me. When looking at the numbers (and my own experiences with the pad) it does fall on the more controlling side, but it’s not controlling or ‘murky’ enough to fall into the dedicated control pad side.Apparently, Logitech’s G640 mousepad is one of the most popular mousepads among pros that play Valorant. That fact alone was enough to pique my attention, and when I got the opportunity to test a review unit, I just had to do it.

To be honest, I’m a fan of the work that Logitech has been doing in the gaming industry, in terms of producing gaming gear of good quality. So, I already had a reasonably high level of expectation for what the G640 mousepad would offer. I'm wondering which of these pads is the slowest and which is the most durable in terms of how long you can go without washing it or replacing it.

DiamondLobby is a registered trade mark (UK00003715943) and is owned and operated by Rank Zero LTD, Company Number 10507049. However, when I factor in all the other things that I believe should be considered when buying a mousepad, the G640 just doesn’t hold up well enough against the competition. There’s no stitching here, which is a bit disappointing because I’ve seen situations where unstitched pads came apart from the base after a while of usage. If you’re paying a lot of attention to durability, it might be something to consider. Rubberized base Performance-wise, if you’re looking for a mousepad with great control, and that’s all that matters to you, then it would be easy to recommend this one. More control on your mousepad is great for precision and accuracy when aiming, so if you’re into those types of games more than anything else, then the G640 is a solid option. If you’re prioritizing speed, then you may want to look at other mousepads. In-game

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment