276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Reading all their stuff gave me a better understanding of the characters and made the story hit harder. While I feel like the main series works if you read it alone, I recommend reading all of SS and the Warlock issues leading up to it. Jim Starlin, George Perez, Ron Lim and many more made a book for the ages with this one, and this is ofcourse the inspiration for a big chunk of the MCU that rocked our socks of with Infinity War and Endgame. The omnibus then gives us 26 tie in issues of various comics that take place during the Infinity Gauntlet.

The last two are another big let down as the ending is wholly underwhelming and just the shittiest was they could have gone about it. In the late 1980s, Starlin began working more for DC Comics, writing a number of Batman stories, including the four-issue miniseries Batman: The Cult (Aug. It's nice to have (40) as an add-on to the story, but it's largely a setup for 41-43 arc that's not included. Death has released Thanos from her cold embrace, and he plans to repay her by murdering half the universe! The Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus starts out reprinting the events previously assembled in Silver Surfer: Rebirth of Thanos, the limited Thanos Quest, and a few more Silver Surfer episodes to appropriately set the stage for the actual Infinity Gauntlet mini-series.I did really like most of the supplemental issues, even those that aren't necessary, but I should have to go back and establish the time-frame for each issue. We see lots of The Silver Surfer, Doctor Strange, The Hulk from Peter David which i never read before but does look good, Drax The Destroyer, Galactus, Doctor Doom, Adam Warlock and every mayor player in the Marvel Universe. In the mid-1970s, Starlin contributed a cache of stories to the independently published science-fiction anthology Star Reach. When Marvel Comics wished to use the name of Captain Marvel for a new, different character,[citation needed] Starlin was given the rare opportunity to produce a one-shot story in which to kill off a main character.

It was the time when characters still used thought balloons and used to narrate the obvious for reader's convenience. The art is retro and incredible (Especially in the limited series Thanos quest) and the dialogs are super tacky.

It seems like a minor thing, but it's frustrating to have to go back and see how much the characters know and what events have and have not happened for each issue. As a product of its time, the main event is very strong, offering both a stellar cosmic storyline and a fun look at the Marvel heroes of the '90s and the universe's cosmic entities.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment