276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Freckles: The gripping and emotional Sunday Times top ten bestseller from million-copy bestselling author Cecelia Ahern: The uplifting and emotional ... million-copy bestselling author Cecelia Ahern

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

my main complaint is the pacing, the book dragged in parts that were unnecessary and i really wasn't enjoying it at too many parts of the story, sadly. Now, in a quest to understand, she must find not one but five people who shape her – and who will determine her future. Her legacy from her mother is more complicated – until one question from a stranger inspires a change.

Freckles by Cecelia Ahern was an okay read for me and I must admit I found I couldn’t connect with the characters and I wasn’t fully invested in the story. All the characters around her are well developed and have interesting backstories to help push this character driven story forward.Allegra’s journey is not without challenges, and the book touches on themes of abandonment, dashed dreams, and the complexities of family dynamics. Het verhaal is warm, ongemakkelijk, eerlijk, ontroerend, soms verdrietig, hartverwarmend, opbeurend, grappig en niet overal even vlot maar wel mooi, geschreven in de unieke, meeslepende stijl van Cecelia Ahern. This is one that will stay with you, it will make you sit up and think, but most of all it will make you read. Na de zoveelste parkeerboete bijt hij haar toe dat iedereen het gemiddelde is van de vijf personen met wie ze de meeste tijd doorbrengen, en dat dat in haar geval niet veel goeds voorspelt. The absence of quotation marks in the writing, along with finely detailed descriptive passages, adds an intimate layer to the storytelling.

After completing a degree in Journalism and Media Communications, Cecelia wrote her first novel at 21 years old. Ahern’s writing style, while initially taking some time to engage the reader, proves to be captivating and authentic. But then she meets Tristan, a successful YouTuber who, in a moment of anger, quotes Jim Rohn and refers to Allegra as a loser. The fact that she often questions her worth broke my heart, and the final scene when she is at the women in business event just made me an emotional mess. Maybe it was the freckles that made me identify with Alegra so much, she is withdrawn and its shown so well.The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products. She lives in the garage extension of a wealthy family - rent cheap on the assumption she will babysit whenever they need her, and every day she starts her morning with a coffee and Belgian waffle before starting her beat as a parking enforcement officer. This was slow, hard going and the only positive thing I can say is, the characters were well developed. I’m drawn to writing about loss, to characters that have fallen and who feel powerless in their lives.

In 2007, it was made into a major film starring Hilary Swank and Gerard Butler and most recently, Cecelia wrote the sequel- Postscript which was an instant bestseller. The author tells the story from Allegra’s point of view, from start to end you find yourself in this woman’s mind.Like stars in the night sky, freckles are scattered across Allegra Bird’s arms, a legacy from her beloved father. I like to mix dark with light, sadness with humour, always keeping a balance, and always bringing the story to a place of hope. The story had some profound and thought provoking moments like most of Cecelia Ahern’s books, which I did enjoy. Freckles whose real name is Allegra Bird moved away from her childhood boyfriend, her father and the ferry to live in Dublin for a particular reason. An unpleasant encounter with the owner of a Ferrari issued with many parking fines triggers Allegra; she starts looking at who and what made her, especially who are her five people who matter the most.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment